danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
new feature suggestion thread

| old one >>/test/69372

| push notifications for the thread watcher

| My home has returned.

| something in the thread watcher that tells you when a thread is closed and a button that removes all closed threads at once

##Dev:Lain##

| >>164362
I'll put it on the todo list

| Did we really filled up the last thread?

| >>5d3e85 Yes, you can go to>>/test/69372 and see that it has 250 replies

| access to radi/burg/ in this app.
Or provide an extra download link on danger/burg/ for an app with the board and radi/burg/ combined, if there would be copy right problems with the app in the play store.

| oh soykaf this is on /tech/, well you hopefully get what I'm talking about

| >>163648

| A dedicated vaporwave/synthwave thread on music because every day there is a new "Do you guys listen to synthwave" thread

| >>167025 yass pls

| Can we get sage?

| We want to see when post was published (date, time)

| >>167552
you can already get that data from the api

| A nice salmon pink color

| Are the colors of pinned threads random?

| A 'hide thread' button. Is that already a thing and I just don't see it?

| when you press the back key it dosent throw you to the start of the board rather at where you left off.

| also make it so when you post a reply that reply does not pop up the thread watcher.

| I don't know if this was already suggested or not but it'd be cool to have a feed thing where you could sort threads by popularity, replies etc. and also let the user choose which boards they want to see. Basically I'm suggesting adding an improved /all/.

| Downloading threads wold be cool too

| >>169139 Yes

| THE AWOOO BANNER

| >>169138 this

| >>168665
No
https://github.com/dangeru/awoo/blob/master/src/static/static/dangeru.css#L153-L176
>>168776
No that feature doesn't exist right now.
>>168950
You can turn that off in settings
>>168944
It's on the todo list
>>169139
You can do that via the api
>>169138
I'll put it on the todo list

| also you can do this now >>f1b7b9

| >>169138
Added, >>>/popular/
>>168944
Added on mobile. I turned it off for desktop because it got way too annoying

| >>169386
Yes please

| Just to say something, the lines at the mobile homescreen which should go aroud search for posts are out of place.

| >>cfbd76
Good job Lain! Also I agree with a hide/block threads function. Would be nice to not have to see threads like "is it triple gay to like smol futa dick" or "I have a 10' dildo in my ass send help" on a daily basis...

| Also Lain Is there a way to get to >>>/popular/ without having to use the link thing? When you click all normally it doesn't include the filter...

| >>170271
I added it to the bar at the top yesterday, but pref didn't pull it into the main site until just now

| On /all/ make the default "Post to" pick /burg/ instead of /a/, because a bunch of off topic threads end up on /a/ right now.
Mentioned in:
https://www.dangeru.us/a/thread/170007

| Gosh dammit pref

| Add sfw mode

| >>7f066e

| >>jesus

| Compress links when they are listed
Posted. Sometimes they just ruin the format :c

| >>166617 Radi/burg/ on the app as an extra app would be immensely useful.

Also, Augmented Eye has become obsolete. Maybe update it with real news from Sankaku Complex or Neon Dystopia would get people interested again.

| Also, thread watch removal is slow as hell.

| >>172177
>real news
>not keeping real news and political bullshit contained in /news/
lol no

| Maybe you can add a system where OPs can see how many peolple are viewing their thread?

| >>173799 Sankaku and Neon are hardly political though.

| > This thread is now closed

| Ah soykaf, guess we need another feature suggestion thread

| We seriously need a hide threads option

| >>174265
Neon is, but from a cyberpunkish, anarchic slant, but not annoying.

Augmented Eye and Kira Miki's blog are meant to be in-universe, though.

| I love this world again, thanks for your

| Can we have bigger text box for mobile please? It looks fine on desktop (3 lines) but somehow on mobile I can only see 2 lines and since the text looks bigger on mobile I can see even less text per line. Can I have twice the height (4 lines) please. Thank you

|

| An anonymous blog operated by a concealed Alma?

| There's barely any updates on Miss Idol's blog. Yes, let's clutter the app some more.

| Support for accentuation

| I would love to see push notifications for the thread watcher. That would make this app near perfect.

| A thought about the new coloured ID feature, could you possibly make it the same way as the post numbers where you click on the post number and it automatically goes to the text box, >>182868 for example, instead of having to type '> >', and pasting the ID manually >>be54d0

Just a quality of life thing but it makes sense since it's already done with the post numbers.

| I fucked up

| Doing >> would've been fine -_- why did I add a space?

| Oh wait it's not fine... Lain wasn't there a way to only red text >>oneword?

| Nvm >>test yeah

| ...please fix

| Maybe >like this

| >>182711
>>>/mod/
>>182868
it's on the todo list but low priority
>>183589
yeah I'll put it on the todo list

| Keep hitting the user script thing when making a new topic. There's no way to edit out of it without reloading stuff and having to rewrite the topic. Unless I'm not seeing something

| >>187576
What version are you on that you still have that issue?

| Not a feature, > or rather &gt shows up as HTML code instead of the actual characters in thread title, see >>181570

| >>189643
Also I don't know what I'm doing if that wasn't clear as soykaf.

| A bit niche, but having the music controls in a persistent notification

| >>189643
I know about this one, but if I fix it I'm going to need to do some thorough testing before I put it on the main site.
Also you link to other threads like >>/test/181570
>>189928
Probably not going to do that, it's *very* hard to get those kinds of notifications to close when the app closes. Prefetcher tried to do it with the radi/burg/ app and it was a nightmare.

| ok >>/test/181570 should have the page title fixed now, but I can't apply the same fix to the og:title property without making it vulnerable to script injection.

| >>183589
I added this as well >>63b871

| >>d1ef1a is nice, but now when I click someone's ID it does just that. It doesn't highlight all their posts now

| >>190420 >>190470
Yeah... I didn't think about that when requesting this, it's a nice feature but now we can't highlight all posts by clicking the ID... Perhaps including another button/text thing next to the ID that adds the ID to the text box so that we can still click the ID to highlight all posts.

| What about clicking "ID:"?
Like ya know, "ID: blahblah" and if you just click "ID:" then it does the >> thing

| That way it doesn't add more text. Adding more text is usually bad yeah? Cause it just looks more cluttered

| Ok now if you click the `ID: ` it will do the highlighting

| >>d1ef1a
Emergerr you fixed that fast Lain, good job.

| >>189211 web version

| that's like not even possible
http://0x0.st/sa5v.png

| >>190912
just realized you said new topic instead of reply
still furraking hard to do on accident
http://0x0.st/sa53.png

| Fix this? Maybe we should have a dedicated bug report thread?
>broken[/spoiler]

| >>195261
That's on purpose.
Say you write
a>bc
That gets turned into
a<span class="redtext redtext-1">&gt;bc</span>
but if you had written
a>b[/spoiler]c
it would be turned into
<span class="spoiler">a<span class="redtext redtext-1">&gt;b</span>c</span>
However, the first </span> is referring to the spoiler, and the second </span> is referring to the redtext.
Since they appear out of order, you could seriously furrak up the tree by doing that.

| So to fix that, I just explicitly disallow spoilers that span multiple levels of redtext
>you can still redtext spoiler like this

| We had a spoiler thing?

| so lain we can't spoiler IDs?

| >>cfbd76[/spoiler]

| >RIP

| Can you make the 1 2 3 at the bottom larger

| >>196546
Can you go to the settings and turn on infinite scrolling?

| >>195852 >>195850
I see, so I still have another suggestion for qol it would be great that you could use a short Version, like [s][/s]

| Make it go to the last post when I enter a thread

| >>196611
Lain maybe auto enable it so people stop asking?

| Let me write in the augmented eye

| Make a new board, /pol/.. there's a demand for it.. and that way /new/ Will be purely news

| How do i do that

| /pol/ is politics, yeah?
How are you gonna talk about news, especially world news, without having political discussions.

| >>196683
it is enabled by default if you turn on userscript

| >>197756
Stupid question but is the userscript useable on desktop, where can you grab it?

|

| >>197894
Hover your mouse over the bottom left

| Lol

| Some sort of emojis maybe

| >>201659

| Longer list of subs on opening the dangero/burg/

| >>202008
You mean more boards? Ask pref. The answer is probably no, we already have a bunch of boards that nobody uses

| Then delete 'em :^)

| Would it be possible to hook in an Android/chrome-esque 'find in site' fuction in dots menu of the app?

| >>201659
I asked pref he says no

| >>202586
Maybe, I'll put it on the list

| On the app it shows the number of replies to the right of threads but on the webpage it doesn't. Can you add that feature?

| >>202863
It does you habe to activate the userscript, legt bot corner.

| >>202910
Thanks

| Wow

| Option to turn off the banners at the top of each board and post some pepole have REALLY shitty data plans.

| >>cfbd76
Lain is there a template or some way to test out selfmade themes?

| >>204082
Yeah you can add the files to the `raw` folder then add your theme to the array in `PropertiesSingleton.java` and it will show up in the app. You will probably have to uninstall the official app in order to install it from android studio first

| i might be a retard and this might already be a thing but it'd be cool to be able to to see longer posts you're typing out in the reply box easier by having an option to make the reply box larger because using the small scroll bar is pretty tedious

| >>205085
I'll add it

| can you please put the link under the submit button somewhere else because i always misclick and get sent to github

| >>205546
Bruh

| >>204164
Got it, could you also tell me the font name that is used here?

| >>205782
cyberpunk waifus. https://github.com/dangeru/awoo/blob/master/src/static/static/CyberpunkWaifus.woff

| Can search be updated to search archived posts?

Also, what's with the post highlighter? I notice that when I click on someone's tripcode it no longer highlights all their posts in the thread.

| >>0921cd
Click the word "ID" now

| Could we filter kiddie/4chan words such as cuck? I think filtering that kind of stuff will drive away ¨toxic¨ posters

| >>206759
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ty based Lain! <3

>>206818

lol no

| Chibi app Avatar to notify me

| >>206679
Search does search archived posts

| >>208175
Does it need to be specified in some way?

Try searching "manbat" under /cyb/, and the earliest found thread is March 17th, when the manbat has been mentioned before in previous threads.

| Yeah, I tried searching for an old thread and it can't be found. I know I remember the title correctly, but it doesn't show up

| Also, is that bold text I see?
[b]Hm[/b]

| [bold]bold?[/bold]
How do

##_hidden:Lain##

| bold text is only for moderators silly

| >>208258
Archived threads can only be searched by title. It won't be able to look at the contents of the thread or its replies. If it were, it would defeat the whole purpose of archiving them.

| [bold]oh[/bold]

| >>206818
yes

| >>210593
no

| Make the danger/burg/ pass a real thing

| •add the button to scroll down to the bottom of the thread.
•make it so after looking up a reply to the post by hitting the reply post number above the original post and pressing the back button the window would come back to the original post position and not refresh the page.
•make the button which would return the window to the location which stands in order before the current one and not just the prevously visited one.

I hope my way of wording these is understandable

| >>210765

| >>210937
For the first point, go to settings and enable "bar" and "scroll to bar". It's a lot better than just scroll to bottom, I promise.
For the second point I'm not sure quite what you mean. If you click a highlighting link like >>210937 , then click back, it should take you back to the list of threads, not refresh the current page. We're using history.replace_state to do that.
I don't understand the third point at all. What button are you talking about?

| >>211056
For the second I meant even right now when I clicked on the highlighting link and then back it just tool me back to the previous page, i.e. list of watched threads. And I want to take me back to the position where I clicked on that link.
And for the third, I meant now then you push the back button on the phone or in the app it just takes you to a previosly visited page in history. And I wanted to suggest being able to go back to a page like to a previous folder on a pc

| but now what i think of it, this would be redundant as well

| I enabled draw bar and jump to bar but it didn't seem to do anything

| I see now, it only jumps down if there are new posts. Visited and unupdated threads still begin at the top. I still think that some kind of "go down button" would be better than frantic swiping

| For the second point, I'm not going to implement that. Already we had a ton of people complaining that they had to click back twice to get out of a thread.
For the third point, there is a back button in the menu at the top right which will close the whole activity instead of just going back in history. You can force the item to show in the action bar in settings, I think it's enabled by default.

##_hidden:Stormy##

| >>209574
Oh! Oki doki then, thanks for letting me know!

| Bring back the old steampunk theme!

| dark mode is broke

| >>213141
What do you mean broke? Can you post a screenshot or something?

| https://1drv.ms/burg/s!AgD5PRACX0xshRS9szCIWp0NMX9i

| https://1drv.ms/burg/s!AgD5PRACX0xshRUe9jwSgLcJFGIq

| One drive is like kicking dead whales down the beach, herr are dropbox links
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgvq6e9d42218x7/Screenshot_20180404-062704.png?dl=0
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwv0habbx9x4o3b/Screenshot_20180404-062658.png?dl=0

| Those both look correct to me. The thread watcher list has a dark background, that means that dark mode is working correctly. The website being white is because you have turned on "invert colors", which is a different setting.

| Man, i am dumb! thx lain

| Remove russians

| Lain why can't I spam burg? If I post too fast the page kinda just flashes and refreshes without changing the post count... It's making it hard to fight back against the angry burg.

| If you spam too fast in succession it stops you as a anti-spam mechanism. The most you can post at a time is 4 burgs or angry burgs. Then you have to wait ~5-10 seconds, and then you can spam another 4.

| But say you have your browser and your phone, or even an emulator, you can spam 4 on one, then spam 4 on the other one while you wait for the cooldown. That's how I flooded /burg/ with like ~700-800 angry burgs.

| I guess it's important to note that you can't spam the 4 in quick succession. You have to wait about 1 second before you post your next burg

| I see. Don't you want to switch over to the burg side?

| Nah, but I think I'll stop after I push it to 10k angry burgs

| By the way, Lain. So I got an old thread bookmarked and so I have the exact title. Still can't find it. Went through the archives, it was a /new/ thread. I reached the point where it won't load anymore threads, but it's just not there either. Are the super old threads just gone?

| >>215236
emulator won't work because it will use the same IP address as your computer

| >>216483
What's the title? You should be able to find it via search, unless it was deleted by a moderator

| actually if you have the URL with the post number that would be better

| I've been using an emulator to spam my angry burgs tho

| Yup, different ID.
Here's the thread link, "-DEADMAN'S SWITCH ACTIVATED-"
https://boards.dangeru.us/new/thread.php?=215

| >>216543
Oh wow, that one is ancient. That was the last major "news" article that Penny Oliver wrote before going missing (the writer went on vacation).

| Maybe that was before the site was transitioned to Awoo?

| Yeah, I believe so. I bookmarked a couple other threads that were pre-Awoo and can't find any of them

| >>215858
Wait, you aren't the son of a bitch who flooded my burg with angry burgs, are you?

| Perhaps.

| >>217131
YOU SONOVA BITCH!

| Damn this new neon theme is hot as furrak, thanks for it.

| Yeah that was from before we migrated to awoo. We took 6 pages of posts from each board when we moved, and it looks like that wasn't in it. pref has those threads somewhere but I keep forgetting where the older archive is. The older archive is the one that says "all the dumb furraking posts" in the header, but I lost the url

| /commands

| >>218284
the only command you can use is [​spoiler]

| App wont draw a bar on new posta if I enter a thread through the thread watcher

| >>218936
If that's the case it's a bug. I'll put it on the todo list to take a look at it and see if its happening for me

| >>218936
Same here, and it doesn't jump to new posts either

| We need a site-wide word filter that turns gurl into g/burg/rl and have it so that it works with caps. So like GURL into G/U/RL, or G/burg/rl, etc.

| ● Situation: Clicked on ">>number" to see the referred post.
● Problem: Finding my way back to where I was in the thread.
● Suggestion: Also make a colored square around the reply post from where you clicked the ">>number". Then it's easier to find when you scroll down to get back again.

| >>232490
I like this.

| more text types

| >>4535c5
wait. my bad

| Don't show /burg/ threads on /popular/ and /all/

| >>235577
Also don't add them to my watchlist.

| /burg/ threads do show up on /all/

| Oh my bad, I'm sleepy. I read that as burg doesn't show up on those

| Make it so we can't post in /burg/ anymore so equilibrium will be eternal!

| >>235577
you can uncheck /burg/ from /popular/. Click filter boards

| Create a system for age verification, there are images linked of real users that are willingly naked, although I'm not sure if they're of legal age. Seems like a way you could get in huge trouble, hate for you to end up like FerFer

| In the app, longer links don't wrap and they overflow past the screen border, for example in this thread. It makes the page scrollable horizontally which is annoying.
Is it also possible NOT to lose the message I'm writing when I accidentally rotate the screen with auto-rotation on?

| >>243804
unfortunately no. Rotating the screen causes android to stop the whole app then recreate it again from scratch.
http://code.hootsuite.com/orientation-changes-on-android/
I do save & restore state in the android specific things, but there's no way to propegate that into the webview.

| >>243874
I just had a question what programming language did you used(for the whole app)...java maybe?(i am into a computing univ and i want to learn everything about anything).

| >>245000
Yes java for the app (with several webviews), and ruby for the website.
Here is the code for the app: https://github.com/nilesr/United4
and here is the code for the website https://github.com/dangeru/awoo

| Thread Watcher: Add info on what board the threads are from.

| Classifieds+job/monetary system+new news columns?

| Bug report: when you leave the app open for a while and go back links don't work and you have to close and reopen the app for it to fix.

| >>247987
Which links? Links to individual threads from a board? That's very odd

| We, of the /burg/ federation, a requesting a new board, Nep/burg/! Where we can spam Nepu :3
Or, maybe add a third burg, called Nepburg, after our newfound religion.
Please, Onii-chan~ lemme spam nep onii-chan~ it's not just a fad I promise~

| I meant Nep/burg/.. as new board.. sowwie..

| Dammit! XD

| EQUAL REPRESENTATIONS FOR THE NEPBURGS

| >>248261 Thread links. The big back arrow works but doesn't fix it.

| >>b7ca2c
Stfu

| NepBurg was a mistake

| >>b7ca2c Seconed. We need a place to post our neps!

| >>ccba48
stfu

| Notifications for watches threads

| >>251469
the latest version of the app has this feature, look in settings

| >>252257
4.2.3?

| >>252345
Yeah. It was introduced in 4.2.2

| >>252887
Oh right I forgot... What's new in 4.2.3? Also I keep losing the link to download the latest version. Could you maybe like make a stickied thread that always has the latest version since the Play Store version is like always behind.

| Sorting the thread watcher by number of new replies would be sexy. <3

| >>253224
It fixes a crash with the thread watcher that you would only hit if you had developer options enabled anyways. The play store has 4.2.2 which still has notifications

| but the link is https://github.com/nilesr/United4/releases

| >>253361
Thanks, I know that 4.2.2 is on the store but I just like having the latest version because reasons.

| >>cfbd76
Hey Lain, is the cyberpunk waifus font open source?

| >>254164
no idea, but you can download it here https://github.com/dangeru/awoo/blob/master/src/static/static/CyberpunkWaifus.woff?raw=true

| A thread for youtube, aswell as one for movies and tv

| add images

| >>255056
furrak off

| >>253360
what do you mean by "still has notifications?"

|

| Thread Watcher: When unwatching a thread, don't scroll to the top.

| >>255450
I mean notifications work in 4.2.2
>>255914
It shouldn't be doing that. I'll put it on the todo list

| images and time on post when

| Time.

| >>256464 yessss

| >>256388
we already have the time on the post, and we're not adding images because someone will post cp while pref is asleep and get the whole site shut down

| Lain, what is your opinion on the current state of /burg/?

| /burg/ is doing fine

| Oh... Right.

| Hmm...

A choice to view the most recent threads, so you don't have to scroll all the way down?

| *chat*

| *Recent reply in the thread*

| Can I please upload pictures???

| >>259345
Have you tried ascii art?

| _ _ _ _
| \| |___| |_ _ _ ___ __ _| |_ _
| .` / _ \ _| | '_/ -_) _` | | || |
|_|\_\___/\__| |_| \___\__,_|_|\_, |
|__

| Oops

|
_ __ __ __
/ |/ /__ / /_ _______ ___ _/ /_ __
/ / _ \/ __/ / __/ -_) _ `/ / // /
/_/|_/\___/\__/ /_/ \__/\_,_/_/\_, /
/___/

| Man furrak ascii arnt

| Art

| You are like a little baby
watch this
__          __             __      
\ \_________\ \____________\ \___  
 \  _ \  _\ _  \  _\ __ \ __\   /  
  \___/\__/\__/ \_\ \___/\__/\_\_\ 
        Bedrock Linux 1.0beta2 Nyla

| Woah.

| Also like... 2 more posts in this thread.

| And they belong...

| To me.

Total number of posts: 250, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1524805137

This thread is permanently archived