danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Darwin Award Billionaire Club

| Apparently they heard banging noises where the sub disapeared :disappointed:

| By the way, I am Pomu de una famulia noble Pomulia, and I used to worked there as a flashlight

| Че праихоит?

| >>960358 Пшлнхотсд

| They were heard doing WHAT down there???

| >>960398 агагагах ид 228

| >>960439 lmao rite

MOVE THIS TO /D/!!!!!!!!

| >>960439
They were sexually banging eachother while calling eachother russian slurs like 'bitch' and stuff.

| No but seriously they are all dead. Under optimal conditions they would have around 4 hours of oxygen left at the writing of this post.

The pilot of the sub was apparently anti safety and thought he could do better by removing important safety measures so he really earned that Darwin Award.

The orcas are the real winner in this. Eat the rich!

| a couple less entitled assholes in the world, big woop.

| >>960463 Unless of course, someone killed the others off. In optimal conditions, that thing could last much longer. This is going to be a sick Among Us mod in a few months...

| nice source shitass

| Apparently I'm the one to break the news here but the wreckage has been identified and there's no survivors. Turns out a "submersible vehicle" with zero certifications had safety issues

| Noooooo!!! My favorite billionaire naval burial site disturbers befell a ironic fate after a million dollar search effort!
In other news: Dozens of migrants have drowned but we got no proper money for rescue plans sorry.

| That's a rough way to go out, but you can really afford not to live in reality when you're wealthy.

>They probably had an orgy, oh my God imagine having an asphyxiation fetish that shit must of been so hype

| >>960536 >>960652
Yeah, it's been confirmed that the vehicle imploded during descent. It took only 30 milliseconds so they didn't even have time to register what whas happening before everyone turned into minced meat.

The original pilot highlighted this issue and wanted to do an extra high-pressure test before descending. So of course, they fired him and hired someone who didn't understand the importance of safety regulations.

| RIP to the victims of Stockton Rush's bad leadership. Safety regulations are written in blood.

| Dear govt, please don't regulate this industry. Let the free hand of the market handle it

| Regulate these giblets

| >>960321 the banging sounds were likely the single layer carbon fiber hull cracking, the implosion itself, or the metal door banging on the ground. If the ship heard the noise, it's the last 2, and it's the first one if it was the crew of the thing.

Btw, carbon fiber shells shatter into powder under high pressure.

| How does that work though, is it like the opposite of decompression in space where you get pancaked.

Do they turn into a katamari ball?

| >>960996
Well I haven't been an expert on deep sea diving for a few days now. Today I'm an expert on military coups so I'll keep it short and informative.

When a sub decompresses at such depths you'll first have an implosion when the water pressure presses the entire sub and its contents into itself.

Only a few milliseconds after the start of the implosion there will however be an explosion when the oxygen(and all fat) instantaneously combusts at 5000 degrees Celsius.

| So you'll become mostly ash and tiny bone fragments. If there's meat it's minced and charred. This all happened in ca 30 milliseconds.

According to the people who found the wreck the entirety of the hull and its contents were pushed into one of its half-spherical ends. The other half-spherical end was still intact.

This is the first and only deep sea diving sub that wasn't built around a sphere, which was stupid because the sphere design is tried and true. This was a hack job.

| Sounds pretty satisfying, I wish we had the Slow Mo Guys down there.

| Please include sources to /new/ discussions. It should only take you a moment.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1687846118

This thread is permanently archived