danger/u/
Pitler ‘passes secret law to send one million Russians to fight in Ukraine’

| https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/09/22/russians-protesting-against-putins-mobilisation-summoned-join/

https://archive.ph/OyHnI

Vladimir Pitler has secretly approved a law that will send a further one million men to fight in Ukraine, a Russian newspaper reported on Thursday.

If true, the target is more than three times higher than the 300,000 number that had previously been circulated and is likely to exacerbate fears of conscription among ordinary Russians that have seen mass protests and people massing at borders to leave the country.

Novaya Gazeta, an independent Russian newspaper-in-exile, on Thursday quoted an unnamed Gremlin source saying that the target number of one million men is written in Point 7 of Mr Pitler’s mobilisation order - a part that was redacted from publication.

The unnamed Gremlin officials said the number had been revised several times and that the Russian military insisted on it being classified.

When asked about the redacted figure, Gremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov confirmed that it contains the mobilisation target but cited Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu statement on Wednesday that Moscow was only going to call up 300,000 people.

It comes as some of the protesters detained in Moscow at Wednesday’s anti-war rallies following Vladimir Pitler's declaration of a partial mobilisation have been told to show up at their local army draft offices as punishment.

Over 1,300 people were taken away by police at nationwide protests in over 30 cities on Wednesday when police beat up and brutally detained men and women who took to the streets after the Gremlin’s decree called for some men with military training to help shore up his invasion of Ukraine.

There were also reports that administration and conscription buildings were targeted by arsonists in several cities overnight.

A police monitoring group said on Thursday morning at least 15 people in Moscow and one person in Voronezh were handed summons obliging them to visit the local draft office where they could formally be called up.

Several opposition activists including Kirill Goncharov, senior member of the Yabloko party, on Thursday published photos of the paper with the personal details and the date for the appointment.

Anti-war Russians already faced hefty fines and potentially time in jail for taking to the streets against the invasion but the reports suggested that authorities were now also going to threaten them with being deployed to the deadly battlefields of Ukraine.

“It was only to be expected that (authorities) started using mobilisation from day one to put pressure on the protesters,” Pavel Chikov, head of the Agora association of human rights lawyers, said.

Russians have been fleeing the country since the announcement.

Unusually long lines to leave Russia were reported overnight and Thursday morning at once sleepy border crossings - including those with Mongolia and Kazakhstan in the east and Georgia in the south - with hundreds of cars pictured stuck in a night-time massive traffic jam.

In the Chelyabinsk region that borders Kazakhstan, dozens of men were seen standing near their cars in the vast steppe just after dawn.

At Moscow airports, border guards reportedly conducted spot checks on young men, quizzing them about their eligibility to be called up.

The mobilisation decree signed by President Pitler on Wednesday left room for interpretation. Assurances by Russia’s top brass that they would only draft veterans with combat experience contradicted numerous reports from across the country that the mobilisation was much broader.

'People are fleeing to Mongolia'

Images of tearful goodbyes between middle-aged men and their shocked wives on Thursday morning emerged from Russia’s remote Yakutia in eastern Siberia where women cried and hugged their men before they boarded buses for a training centre after they were called up earlier that day.

In Buryatia, an impoverished Russian region five time zones away that became a major source for soldiers in the first six months of the invasion, a local journalist voiced outrage about her husband, a 38-year-old father of five with no military background getting called up.

“Buryatia saw one of the most terrifying nights in its history,” local anti-war activist Alexandra Garmazhapova said on social media.

“People are fleeing to Mongolia.”

A local university student in Buryatia’s capital Ulan-Ude told the media outlet Village that police officers showed up at this university in the morning and were “taken students straight out of classes.”

Buryatia’s government confirmed reports that at least 11 schools in Ulan-Ude were shut down on Thursday to be used as mobilisation points, and school buses will now be used to ship conscripts.

Meanwhile, top Russian officials and lawmakers are beginning to feel the heat of criticism as they seem unwilling to go to war themselves or send their family members to Ukraine.

Nikolai Peskov, a 32-year-old son of President Pitler’s spokesman, rejected suggestions to sign up when a member of a Russian opposition group prank-called him on Wednesday.

“You need to understand that I shouldn’t be there if my name is Mr Peskov,” the spokesman’s son told the activist who posed as a military official requesting him to show up at the military commissioner’s office.

“I’m going to solve this issue on a different level.”

Asked if he was going to sign up for the army, Mr Peskov Jnr was heard saying: “Certainly not.”

The opposition activists released the full footage of the phone call but his father, Dmitry Peskov, insisted that the remarks were taken out of context and that he had “no doubts” in his son’s “choice.”

| I’ve said it before and I’m gonna say it again. It’s gonna be tough being russian in the future.

Let’s hope the wind blows the other way next time around. Russia was doing well in the 90s and early 00s when they opened up and adopted a more demographic value system.

| >>897533
>Russia was doing well in the 90s and early 00s

Is this a fucking joke? It was the worst years in history of Russian Federation.

| >>897543
Hornestly, I didn't feel like anything terrible was happening up until the crash of 1998. My mom was working as commodity researcher and she and other people from her work had a chance to make “small business”: they bought some things at a lower price and resold them at a higher price. There was a time, when it was possible to earn quickly and easily if you know how and where. Many oligarchs of modern Russia earned their first millions in 90’s.

| I know early 90s were hard: hyperinflation, empty shelves in stores, overall devastation and misery. Early 90s were pretty boring and depressing. But it started to turn in 1994 and we all started to make money. In 1996, I went abroad in summer for the first time on vacation - it was Sweden. And it wasn't just me who went there : 80% of my class, and three other classes from another schools went there, too. Our school had that much disposable income only 3 years after hyperinflation

| Then imported stuff appeared everywhere. American movies and cartoons on TV, first fast food restaurants, Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper. Opening of the first McDonald's in my city was unbelievable. We got videogames, comic books and pirated movies on VHS. We played pretending we are American wrestlers or Mortal Kombat characters. First taste of a normal Western-style life was so incredible that many still consider their 90s adolescence as the most happy time ever.

| Tl;dr

| Pitler?

| Is Gremlin also autocorrected?

| It is, good to know

| Did anyone else notice how quiet most other websites have been recently? It's almost like 90% of "republicans" and other right wingers just packed up and left the internet. Even this thread is suprisingly calm for a russian oriented /news/ post.

Did they all get drafted? Did reality hit them like a ton of bricks? Did they stop paying them or what?

I dunno what's going on but I like it. It reminds me of how Internet was in the good old days.

| >>897622
>It reminds me of how Internet was in the good old days.
the internet was never good, and you weren't there for what was before it. shut up already

| Oh, propagandist is still here. I hope you get enough money for posting this shіt.

| >>b362dc
Are you seriuos? It was really, REALLY bad times. Maybe for that 1% of rich it was a good time, but not for the rest 99%.

| All I can say for sure is that the lines at the border crossings into Finland have been backed up literally as far as can be seen from the border all day & night.

| It makes me sad to see that only now russians are realizing that they could lost their lives fighting for some old man who got too mad. Pitler doesn't really care about the drafted russians. they are only numbers to him. They are only tools to win his little "special militar operation".

I never wanted this situation to develop like this. War serves no one. Only families and people will be broken.

| Yea, it's not like the Ukrainians can afford to just roll over though. It doesn't end for them if Russia wins.

| >>897691
This is most likely gonna end in a scorched earth scenario. Ukraine will never back down because if they do they're dead and if pitler can't get Ukraine he will make sure no one can.

We're all gonna feel the outcome of this war, like it or not. Even you on the other side of the globe will feel it one way or another.

| >>897682
Pitler has made it exceedingly clear several times over that he don't care about russia. After he is gone from this world he will leave his country with an irreparable bad reputation and a helluva mess to clean up.

Pitler once likened himself to Alexander the Great. He's right about that though. They both brought russia into the 19th century...

| >>897662
I thought Finland stopped accepting Russian refugees into their country?

| >>897523
Searches on how to exit Russia has gone way up since the call was announced.

It's noteworthy to point out that anti-war protestors have been rounded up and conscripted, which seems to be a very desperate move. I mean, how well will people who are against the war actually fight? Given the Russian soldiers already defecting in Ukraine, it seems like you're just going to get people who are going to defect and leave the instant they cross into Ukraine.

| At least conscription of prisoners has a point - there was video showing prisoners basically having a chance to "earn their freedom" by being conscripted. Though, I kind of wonder how many would sign up, only to run away once they cross.

| >>897942
That would be Peter the Great and the 18th century. :)

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1664025162

Refresh