danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Abortion is no longer a right in the US

| Really just here to put the topic up so /new/ has something new to rip eachother apart over.

| >grabs popcorn
This will be fun

| meh im not really feelin like an argument today. imma just leave this one alone

| Damn I wish I was aborted

| Hate to be that g/u/rl, but post source?

Nah, for real though, that *wasn't* an issue that should have been under federal control, hell. It shouldn't even be under state control.

I understand (even if I don't agree) that some people do alhave religious and moral opposition to abortion. Let their county-level communities ban it there then, just like other places do with alcohol.

Roe vs. Wade was a heavy-handed piece of political grandstanding. If this was actually an issue >

| >>876725
that had national support, the democrats could have introduced a new amendment to the bill of rights and seen if they could really get 75% of the country to vote for it.

Or they could have passed laws simply insuring that states *couldn't* outright ban abortion clinics, they had control of the entire government several times since Roe vs. Wade was heard.

Instead they wanted to keep it around for both parties to use as an issue to drum up support.

| >>876726
It's the same with the 2nd amendment. Either party could easily try to add an amendment modifying what the 2nd allows, and that would be the right way for them to do it. But instead they use the issue to divide the populace while at the same time stealing more & more power the federal government wasn't ever designed to wield.

| What is right is that american people went on the streets and are protesting yet again, I'm very glad for them!

Greetings from Ukraine! Go for Washington-Maidan! Slava America, Heryom slava!!!

| yeah govt doesn't want to help people in any way, just dangle these absurdities in people's faces to distract from dissatisfaction with the current system. Fuck Amazon, etc. Big corps are having a laugh

| >hoes mad

| Gay rights are next and they will keep pushing back the line from there. Even if you have no skin in this they will come for you rights in time.

| OP here. I fully expected a moshpit, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

| Look on the bright side, my investment in coat hangers and long trench coat will finally pay off!

| Abort isn't issue if you haven't səχ

| >>876726 lmfao all of our citizens are sheep and we are eventually going to vote away all of our rights

| >>876958 Good thing i'm never going to have sex

| Why?
Because gays cant make children's, stupid question, simple answer
Heh

| >>877142 The main argument in overturning Roe v. Wade was within the basis of privacy (sexual privacy/right of secrecy) of the 14th amendment of the constitution being denied as a legitimate argument for autonomy.

Instead, a more literal approach has been taken to the constitution in the declaration of overturning the right to abortion: I.e 'The implementation of the 14th amendment never intended to cover sexual matters'.

| >>877189
This means that it can be the basis/legal precedent to overturning what has become major steps towards legitimizing individuals within LGBTQ communities and other related circumstances of greater autonomny built upon the 14th amendment.

| >>877189
It also means I'll probably be arrested when I'm being fucked in the ass with my cute skirt by my handsome boyfriend in the future and the FBI will see the most hottest, most gayest creampie ever and they'll be rock hard while they arrest me, I know.

I just hope when that day comes I also have the most prostate shattering orgasm too as the last 'fuck you' to the government.

| >>877192

As hot as that is, the Federal Government probably wouldn't send anyone- it would be state police forces, assuming you're in a state that banned homosex, and even then, that's if they take the time to enforce it.

Even now, there are state prosecutors refusing to bother going after people having abortions or announcing that they'll ignore/avoid doing so because they disagree with the court ruling.

| >>877194 yeah I know, a dumb meme. But yeah, a few local judges in counties nearby mine have decided not to prosecute people who do undergo abortion within these times.

I believe that they can't be bar'd within the state I'm in just for disobeying active prosecution, although I don't remember what exactly they said on the conditions and how much the state can do in question.

| Like I said. I understand that some people feel they have legitimate moral and religious objections to it.

That's fine. Let them ban it in their county.

| I just hope we don't go through a phase of dominated political sway beyond what we have now. If anything, I wish that they (Supreme Court) felt that this was necessary to do, that they did it at a different point in time when tensions weren't so high within the public.

| Although, it would always cause an up-roar whenever it would be overturned. If there's any last comments about this issue, I wish both sides could at least come to understand a few things: A) Abortion may be necessary in some cases. B) Abortion is not the end all case for all pregnancies but should still be a choice. C) Sexual educación should be improved to have partners make affirmed and educated choices. D) Abortion should not be cheered, or neither shamed for happening.

| The problem is that Abortion is disgustingly romanticized, woman were abusing this system instead of just opting for Plan B (which you now see a surplus of supply/demand) or many other contraceptives. The excuse that it will cause for more unwanted children is shameful because of that.

| Pitler forbid aborts in us

| Рutin forbid aborts in us

| Abortion is sin, you don't like fresh meat?

| >>877253 Shut the fuck up Christofascist.

| >>877205 It's a persons body, women are not walking wombs with legs that exist to pop out babies for the state, this entire thing is hypocritical for people who claim to hate big government.

On top of that they have been talking about bans on contraceptives next anyway.

| >>3b8fcc I'm not deny that, but you need to realize not everyone just sees an unborn baby as just that. Some people see it as life. Me personally, I don't consider it living 100% until it comes out the womb and a successful birth occurs.

On the contraceptives, the government's considering emergency measures and wavering the license required from pharmacies to sell the stuff (potentially).

| ඖ

| Bible prohibits it so I think it's a good change. People should reflect upon each other.

| I remember hearing some gynaecologist talk about his trauma having to deal with smashing up a fully formed baby to take it out. Idk how abortion really works, but it did give me a bit of insight, because if you think about it sometimes women have to do c section on a 7 month baby and they come out perfectly fine.

| So my opinion is that, unless if the mother's life is at risk, abortion should be restricted once the baby develops into the third trimester, the reason being babies are at that point are functionally alive as that's when they can maintain homeostasis. This should give the mother a whole six months to decide whether she wants to carry.

| Conservatives dig their own graves. Smart, privileged women will leave conservative countries while the underprivileged ones will stay and breed a whole generation that will soon be tired of the sick bigot class society conservatives stand for.

| >>878000
Are you vegetarian? Because if not, can you explain why do you care about something being "functionally alive"?

| >>878091 not sure what vegetarianism has to do with this, but idk. Could work as a compromise. But 'functionally alive' can apply to many things, and while I am specifically referring to unborn fetuses, it can also be used to describe people with severe mental deficiencies.

| >>878089 That depends on whether those new generations are exposed to alternatives and the possibility of change, and if they care about them. They may be too downtrodden to bother with issues beyond them and continue to peretuate the cycle, the idea of reform eventually becoming an alien concept.

| Abortion is sin

| >>878000
G/u/rl...

I have no idea where you got your information from, but they were lying to you.

Abortions only were ever allowed for the first 14 weeks of a pregnancy. That's when the fetus is nothing more than a barely differentiated lump of cells.

| >>878098
Doesn't matter. Either the new generations will overthrow the old order or they will be sacrificed by it in pointless conflicts. The same conservative "live savers" have no problems wasting peoples lives in their retarded made up conflicts with other conservatives. The only thing conservatives see in children is potential slaves that have to obey, work for them, fight for them and kill each other for their stupid fantasies.

| >>878113 yer maws a sin mate

| Is abortion now a left in the US?

| >>878684 me maws a saint! And also a bitch-ass whore.

| >>c6c10c >>c6c10c >>c6c10c you’re all retarded

| niggers

| No way to talk about yer maw

| https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-sign-executive-order-help-safeguard-access-abortion-contraception-2022-07-08/

Total number of posts: 50, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1657307953

This thread is permanently archived