danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is It Wrong To Mock People Who'd Opposed Covid Vaccines and Then Died of Covid?

| Here's a moral question peculiar to these days: Is it wrong to mock people who publicly crusade against the Covid vaccine, and then die of the disease?

Or does it drive home the message about saving lives?

| There are those who can't get vaccinated for legitimate reasons — small children, people with genuine medical contra-indications of vaccination.

Then there's a fairly large group of people who I think have been duped into resisting the vaccine, duped by misinformation and disinformation about the vaccines, and sort of nonsense about preserving our freedoms in the face of this pandemic.

| The real targets who are important here are those who spent the last few months or years of their lives crusading against sensible, safe policies such as vaccination and social distancing and what have you — and ended up paying the ultimate price for their own — basically, their own folly.

Mockery is not necessarily the wrong reaction to those who publicly mocked anti-Covid measures and encouraged others to follow suit, before they perished of the dangers of which they belittled.

| We have sort of a cultural habit of not speaking ill of the dead, of treating the good deceased — looking at the good that they've done during their lives. I'm not sure that in this case that's entirely appropriate, because so many of them actually have promoted reckless, dangerous policies. They took innocent people along with them.

Every one of these deaths is a teachable moment. And unfortunately we haven't been learning from the lesson that we should be hearing from them.

| Well, that's why the "Hernan Cain Award" community exists in reddit. ( iirc it was called like that)
And they are somewhat succesful in teaching misinformed people through mocking the antivaxxers that die of covid.

| I do mock the covidiots, dead or alive doesn't matter.

| >>01e652
Preface: I'm vaccinated with the Pfizer.
The initial arguments against the vaccine weren't groundless. They did skip all safety testing that the FDA normally requires in order to roll out the vaccines quicker. And while much of that testing is indeed unnecessary with the broader scientific base we have now than we did when the regs were written, the average person doesn't have a strong grasp of what the difference between a virus & a bacteria is, let alone RNA.

| Mocking the idiots who claim its a hoax and an international control conspiracy is perfectly acceptable.

But someone who's just worried that the vaccine wasn't tested properly isn't being unreasonable.

| >>b79f9f
I don't think people who are worried are being mocked though?

Btw, Pfizer got full FDA approval in August.

| I just talked to some of those people demonstrating near the place I live. It's a really strange mixture of esoteric hippies, nazis and christ fundamentalists. They have nothing in common with each other except different irrational beliefs that oppose the common corona policy. They use all simmiliar or even the same words, like "the system", "the establishment", etc. but they refer to entirely different things. I can't laugh about them anymore. These people are scary.

| I think it's wrong to mock them. It probably creates even more division on the matter. I got 2 shots of Pfizer but I still have compassion for people who didn't. Honestly fuck Fauci for constantly making decisions based on politics rather than science and fuck Amazon for never following covid regulations.

| >>826081
>It probably creates even more division on the matter.

Mocking doesn't intend to convince them of their errors, nor is such a thing possible.

Mocking does, however, make it clear that certain thoughts and behaviors are unwelcome. The problem is that we don't have enough mocking with regarding to anti-masking, anti-vaxxing, etc. These positions should be driven out of public discourse through relentless humiliation.

| Anyone that still chooses to be unvaccinated isn't going to be convinced by anything. They're making an emotional decision, not one based on data.

To paraphrase something I heard someone else say about religion, "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

These anti-science retards lives were a waste, the best thing they can accomplish is being a bad example for other people.

| >>826148
Eh. That's a bit too much of a generalization. People can hold bad emotional positions and still contribute worthwhile items to society as a whole.
>scientologists

But the antivaxxer concept is getting media attention because they drive ratings. "News" media and all that.

| >>826012 >>826013
I think the question was about people who are publicly anti mask, anti vaxx, and anti everything else that could help stop the spread of Covid

>>826154
I don't think you can blame media for the antivaxx crusades, they're loud enough on their own

blaming media for portraying what actually goes in the world isn't really relevant to this threads topic either, dont know why you even brought it up

| >>b79f9f
Yeah, blaming media is pretty stupid. These people post the paste disinformation until they are hoarse for the world to see. It’s common enough you don’t need a site like r/hermancainaward to see it unfold, most people have friends of friends or coworkers in the same position. They downplay, deflect, and sometimes even get violent with the healthcare workers trying to save them.

| Many people believe this because it’s become a political and religious issue, one where facts and logic are meaningless to them because they were never a part of any thought process. That is why it is so important to highlight these cases, with the brutal hell made real posted for all to see.

| Anyone left undecided who still believes their eyes can see how wrong they were, how it cost those people and perhaps even more of those people’s families lives and that is important to counteract those saying it’s all just a cold and made up BS.

The only thing more convincing than seeing one of their own slowly waterboarding themselves to death would be their pastor or politician to come out and say that it’s not a hoax, it’s serious, and the vaccines are safe and effective.

| Fuck them. Both for spreading the plague and using up resources. Many ICUs are overrun, and they're killing innocent people through their lack of responsibility.

| This is coming from the party of tribal warfare. It has nothing to do with laying out arguments in a reasoned way.

Some people need a conflict narrative in crisis.

They picked vaccines because nobody in their right mind outside the party would agree with that position.

| Let me be very clear here: as a Communist I despise rightwingers and the USian....everything.

However there is zero utility in mocking these people. It will only calcify more antivaxers as such. And unfortunately many of them are misinformed by political leadership, and others distrustful after the CDC bungled repeatedly. Their deaths should be either mourned or at the very least not given mind. This virus genuinely sucks.

| That being said if they were people deliberately assaulting and infecting others it's hard not to feel a vindication. Their actions could have caused many other illnesses and deaths.

| It's about as acceptable as laughing about that open borders antifa cunt who got raped by a pajeet immigrant, got him to read 4 essays on feminist literature to educate him, then immediately got raped by him again

| shizo thread, watch these dubs

| Can't speak for other countries but in the US, shaming people has never worked. Just makes those groups double down. Then people on the fence criticize the shamers.

| >>826266
Bingo

| >>826266

| As a side note, the title reads like a light novel title

| >>826266 spot on, +1 to this,>>01e652 sounds like those preachy crazies.

| Mocking is not gonna solve the issue and we can complain all we want about people choosing to not take care of themselves and spreading that behaviour, but there are still people out there who CAN NOT choose to be vaccinated, and I think they should be the priority of those who want everbody to be vaccinated, focusing on those who dont want is simply fueling a flaming tug of war where both sides wont give in. Resepect autonomy(even if dumb) and focus on those who need help.

| i am flabbergasted at the level of common sense itt bravo gurls

| like unexpected for /new/ lmao

| >>7f6d77 >>ba6fcc
No one ever claimed that mocking people will change anything. We all know these antivaxxers just double down on stupidity. They get all butthurt over the premise that liberals want them to die, which is stupid all over because those same liberals begged them to get the vaccine... which they commonly beg for when they're on their death bed and it's too late. That's that liberal bias that reality is well-known to have.

| When covid has almost killed them, then they cry for the vaccine, but they never seem to blame themselves, their parents, and all the other people who told them that liberals want to destroy everything they hold dear.

| If some hippie dipshit gets cancer and refuses chemo, but does juice cleanses, crystal therapy, and smokes a fuck ton of weed instead of following doctor's orders, yes, I'd not hesitate to point out they're fucking morons. It was written Steve Jobs refused conventional medical treatment for 9 months for pancreatic cancer...and for that he is a MEGA-FUCKING-DUMBASS. To repeat, Steve Jobs is a MEGA FUCKING DUMBASS for ignoring doctors and listening to his gut about alternative medicine.

| By similar note, if you refuse to get a vaccine and shove ivermectin up your ass or inject bleach or shine UV light into your body or any other alternative medicine...you're a MEGA-FUCKING-DUMBASS...just like Steve Jobs. Kelly Ernby is a MEGA FUCKING DUMBASS who died at 46. Fortunately, she had no kids.

| Look, I get no joy over calling Darwin Award recipients dumbasses or mocking them. I'm actually sick of putting down conservatives for acting stupid. It stopped being fun long ago. I wish they'd just wise up and accept medicine. While the world is better off without people like Kelly Ernby, the problem is they have a bad habit of reproducing.

| No matter how horrible of a human being a parent is, I never wish for a kid to grow up without a mother or father. I wish all these horrible people would just accept common sense and live responsibly. I get no joy in pointing out they're MEGA FUCKING DUMBASSES. But by the same logic, I am not going to pretend this was a tragedy or something to be diplomatic about.

| Steve Jobs acted like an arrogant idiot and it cost him his life. Kelly Ernby did the same thing. I mock them without hesitation, but also without joy or schadenfreude.

Folks, please get vaccinated, wear a mask, stop being recklessly suicidal...chances are you have loved ones who will miss you. Listen to your fucking doctor...it's what adults do. Be an adult, not an impetuous child.

| The f is she doin ova der?

| >>826334 Are you 100% sure this is a liberal vs conservative thing and not a hyper focused media narrative? Because black communities are have a high percentage of vaccine hesitancy and there's a reason for that. Basically medicine in general is rarely tested to factor in race and medical nuances that come with ethnicity.

| >>826456
Hi, (fellow?) Black person here: Black community vaccine hesitancy =/= conservatives spreading blatant misinformation, having covid parties, invading businesses maskless en masse....etc. We gotta contend w the favt that conservatives are woefully misinformed by both their state reps and by the idw media they watch. So it's less a flat qualitative statement so mich as a material observation that there is a corrolation between the highest rates of antivax and conservatism

| No lol, antivaxers shoudl just die

| all my co workers that got the vaccine got sick from amnicran while i have not gotten sick from any covid rewards program yet

| >>826486
Omicron has incredible infectability. From what I know from Austria's side of things, the vaccine reduces the spread from person to person somewhat, and it makes the symptoms milder.

| It does feel very evil, even if the person was dumb, they still had a family and friends who loved them, it's very cruel to cheer their deaths just because they fell into a rabbit-hole of misinformation, it shows a big lack of empathy and feelings of superiority.

| >>826486 You are probably the one who spread it to your coworkers then. Asymptomatic means no symptoms.

Also, I can tell that you've already contracted Covid at least 2x. The Sars-COV-2 virus and variants cause parts of your brain to die.

| Ughhh, I know... It sucks!
It's just... I'm not getting the vax!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Total number of posts: 48, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1642786031

This thread is permanently archived