danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Russia almost blowing up the ISS (with sources)

| https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-administrator-statement-on-russian-asat-test

https://youtu.be/mvdQcDDUV1o

Moderate correction from previous thread, it doesn't seem like the occupants have left the station yet, but I doubt they'll stay for long like this.

| Could've just asked me to post source before locking it, but ok I guess.

| >>805308
Told you you're an idiot.

| Putinland's orbital fireworks... The Big guy continues to be tiresome, even though I'm sure China's not doing things any better.

| >>805309 Could've told me to put source instead of calling me an idiot? Did you expect me to read your mind or something???

>>805310 China has been willfully disregarding the lives of it's citizens since always, is it really any surprise? The villages have to suck it up when a piece of a blown up spaceship falls on their home (would you like a source for that too btw?).
In any case, this is different, the ISS isn't just the US and Russia, and Tiangong could be affected too.

| Oh yeah, and the thousand other satellites other countries have in their orbit. This is a global issue. There's going to be major infrastructural damage.

| >>805309
I had my suspicions you russian g/u/rls were a bunch of toxic assholes so thanks for confirming my beliefs.

| >>805325 literally their next post criticizes Russia. Weak bait.

| https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/11/new-images-and-analyses-reveal-extent-of-cosmos-1408-debris-cloud/

Here's an update.

>>805328
It's best to ignore those two. They never have anything to contribute to these threads anyway.

| I found this comment to be particularly interesting:

"The idea of denying orbits in space with debris is not a new topic. Someone posted in the original thread that Russia may have decided that their space industry is beyond saving so now they want to show that they can deny space to everyone else. Considering Russia's 20 year history this is not a untenable theory."

| "...some of the largest pieces of debris have already reached altitudes from as high as 1,100 km and as low as 300 km above the Earth."
Holy, this is worse than I thought.

"It is unlikely that the test...will have any immediate consequences for the US-Russian relationship in civil spaceflight."
I might be right in that Roscosmos had no idea about this.

| "Youd think theyd focus more on the Mongolians who conquered all of Russia and put countless cities and villages to the sword. When was the last time Russia demonstrated a weapon capable of countering a mounted archer?"
Lol this comment

>>805369 I thought if anyone was to act like this it would be China considering the tension they exude. I was just saying how countries wouldn't go nuclear since it won't benefit anyone, but with this they might as well considering the scale

| Thanks.

| >>805312
>Did you just expect me to read your mind or something
You could also not be retarded and conform to the rules of the damn board

| >>805388
China isn't this reckless. Russias actions perfectly aligns with their foreign policy from the last 20 years or so. They're all about disrupting and destabilizing others.

Russia certainly tries very hard to exude tension as well, especially in Europe, but Russia isn't a superpower anymore so their attempts are of limited success.

| News against russia from sources that controlled by the us. Nothing /new/.

| Russians on damage control can't admit that their government is just as retarded as they are.

| >>805838
Hey, g/u/rl, that's rude. Why is the governmental idiocy russian's fault? We all know governments live with ignoring its citizens. They aren't worse or better than us. They are the same victims.
>>805325
I suspect that subject is just a stupid spammer. If I were you, I won't keep it serious.

| >>805793
As opposed to Russian state-"sponsored" news?

>>805849
He never said that though, did he? Russian government fucked up, again, and as expected we always have Russians doing damage control and trying to blame the US for every piece of news that puts Russias actions in a negative light. It's getting old.

| >>805871
Never seen russians there trying to control a damage. Can you show me an example, please?
In general, all that both-side blaming reminds me a naughty children's performance. "Russian hackers attacked FBI servers" – "American side deported our diplomacy mission" – "Russian plane striked the ISS" – "USA started sanction company". Both side are trying to control damage and THAT IS OLD.

| >>805892
Your post is a perfect example. Let's focus on what Russia did and stop bringing up other country's. They had absolutely *nothing* to do with any of this.

2/10

| >>805892
Big oof, comrade. Way to out yourselves.

| >>805939
>>805989
G/u/rls, your tries to make russians the main evil of whole world look pathetic.

| >>806002
0/10

| >>806092
-1/10

| I'm going to save the thread here g/u/rls, no need to thank me.
Ok, here I go:
Russians can be bad and can be good, they aren't the main evil of whole world, but they aren't saints either.

I saved the thread yay!!

| >>806113
Why are we talking about Russians when there is ... Putin ...?

| >>806121 what about Putin? Is Putin unpopular amongst the russians? If he is unpopular then all the blame is for him, he'd be the autocrat that has all the power and responsability.
If he is popular amongst the russians, well, the blame is for all russians that support Putin.
C'mon russian gurls, I know you're good people! Or at least, you can be good humans like any other country's people.
This is a complex matter, so please, don't fight over topics like these.

| >>806127
Popular based on what? The polls? Ha!

| >>806140
Based on my enormous clit.

| >>806146
You mean... dick!

| >>806147
Suck on it and find out.

| Ok, mayhaps I need to be even more clear than is possible, here's my best try:
Humans = good and/or bad

| reading threads like this makes you wish for a nuclear winter...

| >>806155 indeed

| >>806155 >>806156
But that's fake though. The USSR made it up at the time. Read books nigger

| >>806160 you said the n-word!!1! :O

| Been seeing a lot of news lately about Jessica Watkins. They're making a big deal out of her being the first female black astronaut to visit the ISS, but she was slated to do so since last year. All that's changed is she's part of crew Dragon now. I have a feeling they're trying to get people to move on from talks on the recent 'accident', but I think it's dumb to talk about sending someone to the ISS so soon. Or maybe people really are that stupid? Idk. Its already cancer here.

| >>806197
I think niggers are only allowed to feel proud of space program achievements if those achievements weren't enabled by white men in the first place.

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1637453366

This thread is permanently archived