danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why the creation of Israel may be one of the smartest act of Imperialism from the West

| I know this isn't news, but I'm posting this in Danger/new/ because idk where else with something so controversial, so Imma just dump my thoughts here.

Something that always boggled my mind is why the US, the land of the free, keeps associating itself with Israel despite how oppressive it's government is. Of course, we know that's just hypocrisy, but it's still unusual that despite that, there hasn't been much criticism from American politicians.

| I believe the goal is because of economic interests, and I reckon the military industrial complex isn't the chief reason, but merely a side benefit. What's of true value is having a presence near the Suez canal to ensure trade proceeds smoothly. The Suez is extremely valuable in that it cuts maritime travel by half and avoids having to deal with fostering the growth of pirates along the coasts of Africa.

| I've come to realize that after doing research on Cyprus and finding out Britain still has some military bases there. But then you may ask, why bother shipping Jews to the Levant and create an entirely new nation rather than use the existing population? Despite the atrocities committed by the Nazis, the British are not beholden to them, and they certainly do not love them if anti-Semitism during that era is anything to go by.

| Firstly, if we look at the common people, there has been far too much bad blood between the Europeans and the Arabs for them to accept their occupation. Even without that, people entrenching themselves in foreign lands will draw the ire of the locals eventually, if South East Asia is anything to go by.

| Secondly, the acting government body may attempt to seize assets should they feel they are not properly compensated. Such things may even be the machinations of the surrounding nations who feel threatened by the alliance. Certainly, it may be far easier for the collaborating state to ally with the local powers, so it could even be a matter of both.

| On the other hand, the Jews have been persecuted throughout history and became nothing more than ethnic nomads. By giving legal recognition an area of historical significance to their religion as belongs to them, the people felt boundless gratitude for the act, ensuring good relations amongst the citizens for a time.

| And to seal the deal, the displacement and land taking of that part of Palestine shows the situation as something incredibly hostile and ensures the antagonism of everyone in the Middle East, which in turns guarantees continued cooperation between Israel and the West, for the alternative is to be left to fend for an entire region of enemies alone.

| It's also beneficial back home, as when atrocities are committed, blame could be easily deflected to Israel, keeping their hands clean, while also preventing civil unrest from dissatisfaction of having to send their taxes and men to die in a place not under the jurisdiction of their government. All this while managing to keep indirect control of strategic locations.

| Concluding this article, I don't think any matter of activism will be able to denounce or do anything about Israel. It's far too integral to the West's economy. I wonder what would happen though if the British decided not to go through with their mandate and did to Palestine what they did to Cyprus. We did manage to ally with Saudi Arabia, but then again, this goes back to what I wrote before, about Muslim countries being more confident and banding together to oppose the Europeans.

| At least I can say I'm happy we don't have to deal with that. Imagine the waiting times for when you buy your anime figmas from Japan. And the shipping costs from increased security. And the possibility your waifu ends up being given to a pirate's kid on their birthday. God, I fucking love Amazon.

| Interesting train of thought OP.

| >>798631 thanks. It's all just speculation though, nothing to back all this up.

| Hi, I didn't read your thread yet.
>the US, the land of the free,
The US is a cryptofascist state since at least McCarthy, Ford and his industrialist friends sucked the Fuhrer's dick and led the country that way after WW2
It's still got a good veneer because of a really powerful propaganda machine tho, bless them
I'll get back to the rest later~

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1635488350

This thread is permanently archived