danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
China 2: Electric Boogaloo

| If you had something more to say about economic and gropolitical future of china, knock yourself out

| Geopolitical*>>cf870f

| I have a controversial opinion:
China is going to continue to exist.

| Thier tech industry was dominating the world so they decided to smash it up.

Big brained genius leaders.

| Those bombers they're going to send to Taiwan aren't gonna make a dent and get shot down once they cross their borders. Change my mind.

| If China touches Taiwan just a centimeter, Taiwan, Australia, India and maybe other countries will strike it to dust as well.
China might be huge, but not as big as all those countries together against them.

| Everyone talking about Taiwan, and forgetting about Hong Kong

| >>793483 true #FreeHongKong

| china will take back taiwan soon

| taiwan will take back china soon

| Back will china soon taiwan take

| Pretty sure that divorce is final. There's no love there anymore.

| Will Taiwan back take soon China. But besides that, it feels like their façade of being this tough country is beginning to look meek. I've been seeing videos, and some articles about how down the road they'll lose everything in the future. And it's kind of a joke if their ruler dies, when his party said he would be their president for eternity. What are they gonna do, put his brain in a jar and still run the country?

| >>793689 China has plans for the next hundred years. They are far from stupid, and that's what's worrying. And frankly, considering how things are going, they won't crash if nothing changes, even though they took a major popularity hit with covid (due to countries seeing they rely too much on China).

| >>793689 They've been obsessed with AI since xjp became the leader which makes me think they will try to recreeate xjp as an ai to be the next leader. Maybe the govt carefully plans ahead but xjp does not. He's been fucking up those plans since he took office

| if you genuinely think China is going to start a war anytime soon you have no genuine understanding of why countries go to war. I don't think we'll see any major countries fight each other until resources get scarce enough

| They are a paper tiger whos dumbass one child policy is slowing fucking their economy and is in debt above their necks. China would be suicidal to try anything really against the west.

| >>794476 yeah the one child policy is really causing massive damage. Since now they have a bunch of elderly who will be checking out of society and then a smaller youth population who will have to pick up the slack tax wise and economy wise. It is a economic timebomb going off in slow motion only to get worse as time goes by.

| War is a pretty good economic stimulus so I think it's a part of their plan

| >>795130
Not just war, but loan-sharking other countries afterwards like the US post-WWII is extremely profitable too--and the cash flow from that could last indefinitely as long as they learn from the house of cards that was the Marshall Plan & keep an iron fist on everything, which shouldn't be a problem at all.

| >>795130
China's economy is too heavily dependant on physical exports to the western world which makes it impossible for China to go to war(with us) without facing an internal economic collapse.

Proxy wars on the other hand, that's a different thing entirely.

| >>795885 It's entirely possible for them to go to direct war with India though. They're historical enemies, economic rivals, and even now still has the occasional border clashes. Plus, India feels threatened by the Belt and Road Initiative and is attempting to make their own trade network, possibly starting with East Africa, which China already has a foothold in with Djibouti and Ethiopia. This will only serve to heighten tensions.

| >>795885 One of their goals for a while has been to transform their economy from manufacturing to consumer economy. They might see war as a way to force the transformation. In the meantime factories could switch to making weapons

| >>795989
The transition is not from manufacturing to consumer. The transition is from industrial producing to service economy. And it's not really a transition, it's more like moving industrial production to lesser developed countries. It's the same what the other mostly "liberal" and "democratical" societies did, except that china is a permanent and dejure one party dictatorship by communists who understood the base mechanics of capitalism better than most capitalists.

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1634725957

This thread is permanently archived