danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Trump is not Conservative

| Trump is destroying the conservative party and replacing it with stupidity, which the Dem and Rep politicians are taking advantage of. Will the republican party recover to normal, actual, conservativism?

| You can't defeat demographic changes. White people who vote for Republicans are no longer the majority. Democrats will prevail in the long run.

| >>719097
clearly that's not what I am talking about. I meant will republicans stop being the takeadvantageofpeople party and go back to a normal conservative party.

| >>719098 but they havent been that type of party since B, dems have had power for while both in house and senate, all trump did was break the chain of dem pres

| Yes, trump is not conservative - and that's why he is successful. Some major global changes happened in the last decades, politically, economically, technologically and environmentally. And they are still progressing. Conservatism failed to recognize the issues and to provide some solutions. People like Trump did recognize it and exploited the situation for their own selfish goals. They offer people simple and stupid answers and even worse "solutions" to those complex problems.

| >>719131 I agree with that and all but what selfish goals did trump achive? He lost money and a lot of stuff when he became president, and aside from covering his taxes he made 4 peace deals in asia, reduced illegal immigration, made the economy skyrocket(pre covid of course), reduced carbon emitions and got the intire midia and elites to hate him for 4 yrs

| Yanks

| >>719141
I dunno where to start. I find all you wrote about what trump achieved is a fundamentally wrong interpretation of how things actually are - with one exception:
>covering his taxes

| >>719169 the please show the right interpretation, cuz as far as I know these are good things for a country

| >>719169 and I also ask, how are those achivements bad? How are they not what they are? And why should I think they are bad?

| >>719170 He did make peace deals that I appreciated, but he just straight up did not reduce illegal immigration, make the economy skyrocket, or reduce carbon emissions. It's possible he contributed to trends in those numbers, but the economy is most explainable by the return from the previous recession and the greenhouse gas drop due to a large shift from coal to natural gas, wind and solar (which happened due to reduced costs of those methods).

| Illegal immigration I know less about, but what he certainly changed was increasing the number of deportations.

| >>719507 still doesnt prove how he is bad but yeah I can see see what you mean, but I think he had more of a finger on it than you think, over all it just makes him an average to good president

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1606622265

This thread is permanently archived