danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
RAND study uncovers massive income shift to the top 1%

| The median worker should be making as much as $102,000 annually—if some $2.5 trillion wasn’t being “reverse distributed” every year away from the working class.

A full-time worker whose taxable income is at the median—with half the population making more and half making less—now pulls in about $50,000 a year.

| Yet had the fruits of the nation’s economic output been shared over the past 45 years as broadly as they were from the end of World War II until the early 1970s, that worker would instead be making $92,000 to $102,000.

| The findings help to illuminate the paradoxes of an economy in which so-called essential workers are struggling to make ends meet while the rich keep getting richer.

“It explains almost everything. It explains why people are so pissed off. It explains why they are so economically precarious.” We are getting screwed.

| Hanauer agrees. “I want Joe Biden and Donald Trump to have to wrestle with this,” he says, adding that they should “look at their constituents in the eye and explain, ‘Here’s what I’m going to do to get you from the $50,000 you make today to the $100,000 you deserve.”

“If you’re not addressing the problem at that scale,” Hanauer asserts, “then you’re not addressing the problem. You’re just pretending.”

| https://www.fastcompany.com/90550015/we-were-shocked-rand-study-uncovers-massive-income-shift-to-the-top-1

| https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/rand-study-how-high-is-inequality-us.html

| if there's one point i agree with pinkos on, it's that one problem

| I wonder who counts as a worker. There are many people with no taxable income doing some sort of labor, so it's possible the numbers are even lower.

| If it's not about identify politics or something equally silly then threads on this board won't catch on.

Most people here doesn't know shit about the political process and wouldn't recognize/couldn't understand the real problems even if we explained it for them.

A lot of them even ignorantly supports stuff like this while at the same time complaining about it. Take the Trump supporters for instance.

| True. Massive income shifts can only work because propaganda and infighting prevents people from fully realizing a way to turn it around.

And that will never happen as long as willfull ignorance and contrarians exists.

Trump supporters/the far right especially so considering all you have to promise them is a bit of racism and they'll actively work against everything else. Even their own economic and social self-interests.

| >>698186 yanks

| >>698297
Twitter

| >>698319 true

| If you think Biden has not been bought and sold, you are woefully ignorant. There is no two party system. There is only controlled opposition. It doesn't matter who you vote for, they are all actors. Trump, Biden, Hillary, Bush, anyone who has ran for president since Teddy Roosevelt are just puppets.

| >>698339
mostly true

| >>698341 The important part is to make people disillusioned. The sooner they realize things are not fucking fine, the sooner they'll be able accept the scarier truths.

| if only the elite was into doing GOOD, ya feel me?

| >>698344 even if they were "good" the resources of the world shouldn't be controlled by the few. Not only is it unjust its also inefficient and slowes progress. They get to decide what to spend their vast ammount of money on, and even if its a "good" cause they could still wind up putting a disproportionate ammount of resources into said cause. Or doing it in a way that's actually really inefficient.

| Yanks

| >>698349 Yes, we get it. The yankees fucked up. We need to focus on the now. What can we do TODAY?

| >>698344
The problem about elitarism is:
Power corrupts, total power corrupts total. Meaning at some point "the elite" will push political agendas that serve their personal interests in the first place. They become greedy, selfish and corrupt and no one is allowed to stop them or criticize/question their decisions - because they are the "chosen elite".

| >>60de57
I was referring to your twitter-mindset though. Your one worded-responses in every thread isn't really something an intelligent person would post. At least Twitter has 136 more letters than your vocabulary.

Also this isn't solely a US problem. It's common in many third world countries as well as Russia and China.

| >>699013 can confirm but

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1600716103

This thread is permanently archived