danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why does America keep printing more money than it needs and are unemployment checks a good idea?

| Unemployment checks have been a thing in America for a while but as a none America looking at things from a different angle I just think it's kinda not worth it in the long run.

What do you guys think?

| Why are unemployment checks unnecessary in America? You never explained that part.

And whats up with having a statement in the title that doesn't have anything to do with the post??
Printing more money than you need just devalues the dollar and causes inflation. America doesn't do this.

| Hyperinflation here we go

| >>683352 I'd say unemployment causes people to become lazy. I mean why work for a measly sum when you can do nothing and make money not to mention if you have kids and you should know America has a habit of printing more money when shit hits the fan and that extra bit of money they had added to unemployment was just that not to mention those stimulus checks people got .

| >unemployment causes people to become lazy
If anything I'd say it's the complete opposite, what the govt gives really isn't enough to fully support yourself. The cost of living even in low-cost places like Texas (...)

| (...) is higher than a lot of places in Europe. Yes we get $1200 stimulus checks, but $1200 for some people it's barely enough to cover rent. For others, it doesn't even cover rent. For the lucky people who can pay rent with that amount and still have some left over, they still need to not take into account groceries, insurance, taxes, utility bills, healthcare, gas, emergencies, etc etc.

| need to take into account* sorry my fingers don't work

| For OP, would you rather people use umemployment checks to search for a higher paying that is closer to their skills, or no unemployment taking a low-paying job unrelated to their skills? In the long-run, which option generates more taxes?

| unemployment also keeps people in the economy as they spend on things. Look up economic flow.
Its why giving money to corpos who offshore it ei panama papers is harmful economically.

| >>684271 ok Lenin. Next you're gonna tell me completely unregulated capitalism isnt a perfect system!

| >>683352
>Printing more money than you need just devalues the dollar and causes inflation. America doesn't do this.
It does. There is a hidden inflation. The financial markets have become more and more detached from reality (again), the quality of goods is decreasing (while the price stays the same) and the amount of overrated "virtual values" on the market has increased rapidly. There is an inflation, it's just hidden and delayed.

| >>683537
>I'd say unemployment causes people to become lazy. I mean why work for a measly sum when you can do nothing and make money
Replace "unemployment" with "wealth", and you're right.
Yes, there are people that "make money" by doing nothing. But it's not unemployed people. Shitting on a certain amount of unemployed people is important in order to keep loans and working conditions low and to give employed people a scapegoat, just like it's done with other minorities.

| >>685130 100% this. Dont be upset at the people who are out of work getting barely enough money to survive. Get upset at Jeff Bezos who makes more money than you can even fathom every single day just for existing.

| >>685219 100% this. Jeff Bezos could probably buy out an entire gacha game's SSR++whatever within one sitting.

He makes like 10mil a day? Thats fucking nuts dude. Tax evasion is a superpower on its own right.

| America also prints money to offset increased spending and increased taxes which we might see in the near future

Ngl if we just had a national lockdown we could have avoided a lot of this but enough of the population thinks covid is a joke and making people wear masks are infringing on their freedoms

My state now has a mandatory mask requirement to go in stores but most stores still don't enforce it so its all just wack

| >>685760 the big reason why the US didn't have an actual lockdown was pushback from corporations.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1596613226

This thread is permanently archived