danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So apparently someone made an "anti 5g" device but it's just a thumb drive

| They're also selling it at $350 https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/5g-conspiracy-theorists-sell-350-usb-stick-to-fight-electric-fog/?amp=1

| Tbh people who say 5g caused pandemic are dumb enough to believe into this. It was a matter of time until someone did something like that. They digged own grave with those conspiracies.

| Wait do people think of 5G as 5GHz, or the next gen after 4G LTE ?

| Mind is broken pls sned hlep.

| Remember all those Y2K survival kits, guides, items, thingamajigs, and God knows what else? Remember how they were essentially meaningless and only there to make profit off of a trend that was *halfway* reasonable, but still sorta flawed and dumb in the long run? Boy, I'm sure getting some of those vibes here!
>>663875
Next after 4G. In essence, it's just a pack of boomers doing their thing and trying to revolt against new tech. Again.

| CIA use 4G to spy us
Now but 5G is under China's control
So.....?

| Things like these make me think on how we should regulate access to harmful information and to electronic devices in general for people without common sense who are stupid enough to believe in this stuff

| >>663904
That's called censorship.

| >>663904
t. CCP

| >>663906
Indeed it is, but would this censorship considered harmful?

It is a thin line, but I believe that it would be miles better than having millions of people misinformed and believing any
shady political/commercial campaign on TV or the Internet. Proper education ain't even fixing it.

| >>663957
Exactly. It's like how Alex Jones propagated lies about Sandy Hook and endangered the lives of the victims' parents.

| >>663957
You are delusional.

| You have to be a schmuck to buy a flash drive for 300 bucks

| >>663977
I mean, if misinformation leads to people getting hurt, it's the responsibility of the company to moderate what happens on their platform. Again, Alex Jones spreading lies almost got people killed multiple times.

And it's not even censorship. These are privately owned companies and they can decide what kind of things they want to host. If you walk into a restaurant and start shouting the JQ, the owner has a right to kick you out.

| >>664021
No. He opened his mouth on shady political campaigns. You can't compare political censorship to shouting in a restaurant. If people are stupid enough to believe in bullshit, let them.

| >>664022
He called a mass shooting a false flag contrary to all evidence and harrassed the victims' parents.

And again it's not censorship if a privately owned company decides what kind of content it wants to host. It's the right of the owners.

And if you're just going to blame "stupid people" you could make the argument that Charles Manson shouldn't be in prison.

| >>664023
Seriously, even Jones doesn't defend this point anymore.

| All the peoe on gaia.com would buy it

| >>663957
I don't even get why people are taking your words seriously when it's clear you're joking about this...

sad times indeed.

| >>664119
It was a serious post dude. Misinformation online is a serious problem. I went on to explain why in greater detail.

| >>664119
It is serious, but I guess it is too hard to argue about it with Americans, which is the sad part I guess...

| >>664129
Well, no offense, but if it was serious, it's ALMOST like asking to lock these people up (in this case locking these people out of information).
I see it as punishing the victims of misinformation instead of the source of that information... so it doesn't seem right to me.

| >>67d452 and>>67d452
The points in that post were expounded upon in later posts. I think the conversation would be more productive if you actually read the posts.

Also at no point does anyone talk about punishing the victims of misinformation. I'd argue that would be unjust, unless they committed a crime.

| >>165e5a and>>67d452

| erm ok, let's not fuel you anymore...

| >>664282
Is that usually what you say when you cant defend an argument?

| Oh not really, I just thought you were agreeing with this post : >>663904
but apparently not at all.
So I was mistaken about that.
It's even better now, since now I don't even have to bother arguing !

| >>664314
I still believe that misinformation online should be regulated. Not neccesarily access to electronic devices, that sounds pretty excessive. I don't know what I said to make you think otherwise.

| Getting back on topic, what does the flashdrive even do? Is it a botnet installation drive? This would be a good way to propogate a botnet. You basically spread everywhere the person goes, and they're probably too stupid to even notice the botnet to even consider trying to remove it.

| >>664397 it's just some fancy memory stick with an incredibly low capacity for today's standards.

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1591005877

This thread is permanently archived