danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
CNN Reporter Arrested on Live Television

| During the riots in Minnesota, the police arrested a journalist live on television. Keep in mind that this video doesn't show what lead up to the crew being pulled aside by police, but it's still pretty crazy to see.

Source: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1266315061221613569?s=19

| >inb4 "ew cnn gross aaahhh"

| Messed up.

| ew cnn gross aaahhh

| How much proof do people need before they realize we live in a hellworld?

| >>663583
Lol.

| >>663583

Thankfully, the Governor seems to have agreed that this was messed up:

https://www.startribune.com/cnn-reporter-arrested-on-live-tv-let-go-after-gov-tim-walz-intervened/570860202/

They've been released.

| Seems like only the black reporters got arrested. The white ones got left alone.

| >>663663

Reporter*. Omar was the only black reporter in a team of three, the other two appeared white in the camera recording. Though its true that for some reason the other reporters were left alone, even CNN pointed this out.

| the situation in america rn is just plain disgusting.

it's pretty unbelievable that after so long, something so simple as your skin color dictates how people react to you, as if you had any control over it.

| >>663683
We're legit going into fascist mode. Like, we've got police arresting journalists, surveillance drones flying over civilian areas, and a president threatening section 230 because he had a twitter post taken down.

| >>663663 >>663673
race baiting lie exposed

| >>663683
proof?

| >>663689
It's pretty clear what happened dude. He was the only guy arrested and he was also the only black guy. Could be a coincidence but...really?

| >>663697
yes, really. you would also tell me that the fact that hollywood is dominated by jews is a coincidence, so let's keep it at that.

| >>663704
This has gotta be a troll. I refuse to believe you're JQing me

| >>663711
no response, no argument, i win

| >>663724
Wait are you the same guy? Are you using a different device?

Also where do I even start with the JQ? How does every Jewish person collude with each other on that scale?

And why are they conspiring to abolish white hegemony? Most of the "jews" who "run Hollywood" are white people who have an extremely displaced connection with Jewish ancestry.

And HOW does Hollywood harm white people?

None of it makes sense, so I assumed the best, and thought you were joking.

| >>ca9546 tbh considering it is CNN they probably sent a black guy on purpose to benefit from cureent racial tension, I love how no one talks about the fact that his white crew were arrested as well lol who cares about the whitey

| >>663736
I mean, there are literally dozens of articles saying the whole crew got arrested. I made a mistake having only watched the video, which is still pretty bad. Also they sent Jimenez because he's from the area.

| >>663697

Let me clarify-

1) Omar was the only black reporter in the group of three reporters who were arrested. However, all three of them were arrested.

2)Another, separate group of CNN reporters, themselves all white, were not arrested. They then commented on this fact.

| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLzQefpBvM

Here is the video of the arrest.

In fairness, I don't know the race of the cameraman himself. But you can clearly see that the producer, who was also arrested, was white or at least fair skinned.

In my opinion, a bigger issue is that they were even arrested to begin with, but it was still an interesting discrepancy to point out.

| >>663745
Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't heard about the second group of reporters.

| OP here. When I had made this thread, I wasn't thinking about the racial aspect of the arrest at all, as I doubt there was any. The whole crew, including the people who were quite obviously white, were also arrested. This is more about the fact that press were arrested for reporting on a situation. In the video posted by CNN, they all seemed to be a pretty respectful bunch, though we did not see the lead up to the arrest.

| I'd like to steer this discussion if at all possible in the direction of how dangerous an example this sets when it comes to dealing with journalism. No matter what bias the publication has, if the government can use this as a method to get the press out of an area, they can basically control the media.

| I think the key here is that they don't even have to arrest the reporters. They just need to detain them and waste their time until the event blows over. Even if the reporters are told "Oh, sorry, our mistake, we didn't realize you were legitimate press people, we thought you were YouTubers videoing the unlawful assembly" or something along those lines, that's still an event that will not get reported on. This really is a dangerous and slippery slope.

| Bump.

Total number of posts: 27, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1590863196

This thread is permanently archived