danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Bermuda First Country to Repeal Gay Marriage

| Bermuda first country to truly fight social justice nice job boys

| uh

| uhhh

| confus

| That sucks.

| yeah g/u/rl that sucks, why would you be happy for that?

| Gays can be together without marriage. Oh and everyone else as well. Why not make it so that marriage is nothing state approved (and benefitted) but something people may or may not choose to do based on their private life decisions?

| marriage kinda makes it more official and people like to have 'kinda official' things even if they have no practical use. but yeah, i agree that the state shouldn't have any say on the matter. then again, childcare and families are a thing. and children are the future so the state should be able to give incentive to people raising kids somehow. maybe someday we'll have arbitrary family units with 10 mothers but for now, marriage works?

| The state marriage one has is often more important that the ceremonial one we socio-culturally associat with the term "marriage". Its done in our modern age due to tax reasons, and data-collection/registration.

But 'murica essentially does both ceremonies in one go at the church, which means the church is involved in the states affairs...

And we all know how well *that* always turns out.

| Bermuda is fucking awesome

| How is this a good thing lol

| Where's Bermuda?
I think I learned about that in my shapes class.

| Lol Bermuda what a bunch of dickheads

| My only personal interactions with lgbtq people have been gay men harassing me/asking me if I'm suuuuure I'm not gay
So it's nice to see them get kicked without it being a horrible violent act, this is just some legislation

| >>64936 So you look like a faggot, eh?

| >>65232 jeez maan... such hostile.

| >>64936 but are you sure you aren't gay?

| Just because you've had bad experience with gay people doesn't mean you should agree with blanket punishment over the whole community. This piece of legislation cam have deep negative impacts on people for no fault of their own. Saying it's a good thing that they're being punished is downright discriminatory.

| >>65232 >>65283 and the trend continues. I never said my feelings are justified but I can still feel good about it in my own twisted way

| >>64698

Not really, people get a legal marriage without all the fancy trappings all the time, instead choosing to save up for a "real" marriage later down the line. It's just cheaper that way.

| Hey guise

Instead of allowing gay marriage, why don't we just outlaw marriage? Then we can all be equal and happy at the same time

| >>65810
That sounds hilarious let's do it

| >>65810 if you do that then you start to have a lot of probles regarding taxing and data collection and stuff

| To be honest, the separation is government from church, not church from government. If your going to reference the Thomas Jefferson, do it right. That sentiment was in reference to the Puritans being persecuted by the government because they went against the Church of England, which was the state appointed government. Don't go after me, go after Thomas Jefferson.

| Well when it comes to marriage and state. When you get married you get a lot of legal benefits and securities. When you get married, in the eyes of the government, you and your partner are a single entity. That's why if your spouce dies (in America at least) you get their property without paying taxes, As well as other perks such as making medical decisions for your partner.

| >>63853
Because the state has an interest in keeping their population reproducing? That is why they incentivize marriage, historically straight marriage.

| I believe marriage to be purely religious and spiritual. There's no need for the state to own marriage the way it does.

| kill all fags and kikes
god bless bermuda

| Mariage is a sham in the first place. Idk why people make such a huge deal about it in the first place

| >>64723 >>68445 Piss off, bitch - I'll marry my girlfriend if I please!

| Romania didn't agree on gay marriage in the first place :^) "marriage is a bonding between a man and a woman"

| yall are being edgy while people are gettin shit taken away just bc of some "traditional" bs :thinking:

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1513542686

This thread is permanently archived