danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Brazilians can now legally buy assault rifles

| The decree signed by the President of the Republic, Jair Bolsonaro, which regulates the possession and possession of weapons in the country , will allow any citizen to buy a rifle.

The purchase of the rifle became possible from the new classification established by those responsible for the decree. In the document, the value of the firepower of weapons that can be acquired by civilians is increased by up to four times.

(1/2)

| The new classification includes the T4 rifle, a weapon used by military tactical forces and produced in Brazil by the company Taurus.

Taurus confirmed to the National Journal that it only waits for the regulation of the decree to sell the T4 for civilians. The company says that it already has a queue of two thousand people wanting to buy the armament in the semi-automatic version. And that the weapons could be delivered within three days of purchase.

(2/?)

| "The version that will be available to the civilian does not have the burst option. It is shot in a shot." said BenĂª Barbosa, an expert on weapons.

Even before the decree was signed, Brazilians could only buy weapons with kinetic energy up to 407 joules. This refers to revolvers, of calibers 32 and 38, and pistols of caliber 380.

There's more stuff covered in the article which was Google Translated and had some grammatical fixes. you can see the google translated article below

| https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pt-BR&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://g1.globo.com/politica/noticia/2019/05/20/decreto-de-bolsonaro-que-regulamenta-uso-e-porte-de-armas-no-pais-libera-compra-de-fuzil-por-qualquer-cidadao.ghtml
I couldn't find a english source, sorry.

What's your opinion about this? worth noting that criminals in brazil can easily obtain any kind of weapons, but i don't really think that a AR is really necessary

| I think nothing will change, most normal people are still too poor to buy an AR and bandits will still get them illegally since it's definitely cheaper

| Can't make Texas jokes because it's Brazil and not Chile.

| Kinda surprised tbh.

| >brazillians can buy ASSAULT RIFLES
fucking finally
>it's by taurus
fuck my life, I want my AUG gf

Also, BenĂª said in the interview that people can buy one if they fit in with all the legal requirements, meaning they won't sell any to people with mental problems, criminal backgrounds, etc

| >>562882 this. Probably a happy day the the half a dozen rich gun enthusiasts we have here though

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1558542644

This thread is permanently archived