danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Censorship in New Zealand

| The New Zealand's ISPs has blocked 4chan, 8chan and the service "Dissenter" used for commenting on any websites without fear of censorship. It's more likely that there's more websites that are currently blocked.

The Facebook Page Wellington Live has reported that "Anybody found “knowingly” in possession of objectionable material can receive a maximum of 10 years imprisonment."

| Well, apparently they should have done it sooner, considering the motivations of the killer.

| The NZ police has tweeted on twitter that distributing the footage to anyone is punishable by imprisonment.

Oh and it seems that the file hosting services can face a fine up to $137.000 USD, couldn't find the source.

Source, I recommend reading this for more details: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-16/nz-threatens-10-years-prison-possessing-mosque-shooting-video-web-hosts-warned

Please note that this thread is about censorship rather than the incident itself.

| Lol. NZ never had something this big happen to em before, so it's no wonder. But tbh, I kinda wonder if they'd go that far if it was a muslim terror attack.

| Luckily for us Dangeru is too niche for them to bother banning.

| >>53861
Not too niche for Qatar, somehow.

| >>538545
Well, other countries already cut their own peoples civil rights and even (partially randomly) invaded other countries and started an illegal global drone assassination programme in order of of islamist attacks.
Compared to the USA and France, the reaction in New Zealand is pretty moderate.

| >>538622
Oh, that's suprising. I always thought Quatar is, like Saudi Arabia, a good islamist regime. Could it be that the west has some double standards regarding islamists? Could it be there is an embarassing background story of conservative, reactionist and far-right motivated ex-colonional powers and cold warriors allying and actively supporting islamists? No way!

| >>538760 Sure, because Dangeru is the where they leak information about them. Sure, because every 'left' government condemns dishonesty and regressiveness.
But while I have to agree I thought Qatar being a sort of city-state like place would be more progressive...
>saudi arabia
>good islamist regime
lol

| >>538760
>>538811

According to the Qatari dangeru user, the government blocked it because of the /d/ board, lmao. So said user uses vpns to view and interact with the board.

I'm not sure how their online censorship makes these decisions, but its a relatively recent thing- they were able to view the board without being redirected to a website informing them of the censorship before.

| for NZ bros 77.73.68.210/NZ/highfidelity.mp4

| hey can we please not get danger/u/ banned in NZ too

| >>538932
what the fuck, is t his china? use tor

| >>538937 Because the authorities has been targetting forums sharing links containing the manifesto and the footage.

| >>539012
this is china. fuck you nz

| >>538937 >>539245

Ironically, a Chinese user in /a/ just stated that he can access danger/u/ without a VPN, he just chooses to do so.

| >>539325
china literally more freedoms than nz

| >>539336

I'm not so sure. When I was visiting Shanghai, I couldn't reach danger/u/, so no idea what he's doing.

| I could in the Chinese airports I've been through

| Oh, I was wrong- the Chinese user says they don't know how they were able to reach danger/u/ without a VPN. Must be a hole somewhere.

| >>539399
TBH danger/u/ bypasses the network firewall at work so this website is apparently a fucking ghost

| inb4 when verizon owns the world this place will be the last bastion for the free internet

| I feel like censors who even find Danger/u/ to ban it have too much spare time on their hands.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1553144021

This thread is permanently archived