danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Pollution in China must Stop to prevent Global Warming

|

| Nuking china would be less harmful to the earth than allowing china to continue polluting for a single year.

| https://what-if.xkcd.com/142/

Not sure if nuking is less harmful, but burning all cars could be.

| Just let the world burn. It's already too late.

| >>529989 We can't. Sukeban still has games to make.

Postpone the end of the world.

| The villains will hide in the Antarctican deep underground bunkers.

| >>530025
are you dumb?

also don't forget india, a big offender too

| >>530067
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ PIKED BRAIN SKEWER ♥

| https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

China is without any doubt no saint, but I think it's pretty stupid to blame it alone. Officially the "western civilization" (United States and European Union) had bigger emissions than china, while representing by far less people. And I'm not so sure if the western consume of chinese products and questionable military interventions in the central/near east was respected in this list.

| >>530102 Your source doesn't backup your argument Especially since China started getting "second industrialization" after it allowed villagers the ability to move freely in China. The graph shows how after 2002 pollution grows exponentially. Without a doubt China is the biggest culprit.

I also find it funny how you blame the EU. The EU has widely deindustrialized itself and the biggest sources of pollution there by far are coal power plants in Eastern and central Europe.

| >>530161
>I also find it funny how you blame the EU. The EU has widely deindustrialized itself
Yeah, mostly when it comes to the production for the consumer market. But guess what? The EU-citizens did not stop to consume goods. It's the opposite case: They consume more then ever. And where are these goods produced? Correct: In China.
In a globalized world you can hardly blame one country for global problems.
(The USA with their destructive foreign politics are a unique exception)

| De-industrialization is not bad per se. It's just pointless if it is offshored for the sake of cheaper production circumstances because of lower labor and environmental standards. But I would rather blame the economic system that makes this kind of things happen. Sure, China took the opportunity to make its economy rise. But don't act like people there don't pay a price for it: Environmental pollution, slavery-alike employment, permanent surveillance and no political participation.

| The thing is: No one forced the EU to deindustrialize/offshore their (consumer market) production. It's the necessity of infinite growth in capitalism, global competition and the greed of the decision makers but also the consumers.
By the way: All the bad things we know from China are going to come here too: Surveillance, degradation of democratic institutions and the environment.
Look what they did in the USA with "fracking" it's just horrible. But it's part of their foreign pol.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1550235038

This thread is permanently archived