danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ireland has legalized abortion.

| Bottom text

| About time...

| fuck.

| Good that more people aren't reinforcing draconian laws that make no sense.

| I would hardly call not allowing abortions Draconian. But good for them anyways.

| Hooray for killing babies

Tombs great pious was my captcha lol

| i thought it was a catholic country..

| >>408464 Religion has no place in a modern country's laws

| Wait it wasnt? Lmao

| >>408464
It was an explicitly, fervently Catholic country until the scandal about child abuse in the church started breaking & completely destroyed the church's moral authority. Ironically, the zeal of the Catholics in Ulster has been largely preserved by the conflict between mostly Catholic republicans & mostly Anglican unionists, so they tend to be more devoutly religious now than Catholics in the actual republic.

| >>408221
"Make no sense"
Maybe to you. Think a little harder about the implications though.

| >>408764
It makes no sense because it's denying people basic bodily rights.

The "implications" are that laws might not be causing pregnant people with medical conditions to have to risk dying in childbirth for no reason anymore.

| >>408976
If you don't understand the sense behind it then you simply refuse to see it from the other perspective.

| I would hardly consider voluntary abortion a basic bodily right. An exception for health conditions is a good idea, but I disagree with voluntary abortion being a basic right.

| I mean it's not like every pregnant woman is dying or something lmao

Many expecting mothers continue working too

Sure there are health concerns here and there, but more often than not they arent health risks

| i mean, overpopulation is a serious issue

| >>409056 >>409251
The core issue is whether you put unborn kids at the same level of "life" as the people who are taking medical risks to have them. I don't.

The rights of the mother supercede the potential life in their uterus, in my opinion.

| What a waste. If you don't want the baby, then just give it to someone who will eat it. How are we going to end world hunger if we keep throwing away perfectly edible fetuses?

| >>410038
same

| Im glad to know that. We cant tell other people what to do with their body/lives

| I don't understand, why women should not basic right to make an abortion. Woman could for example don't accept her child and kill it due to post-natal depression. Because she don't wanted all of this. Because all of that women should have a basic right. Or infanticide will not end.

| *have a

| >>410168
Yeah we should be able to fuck kids too if they consent.

| >>410692 so you want to fuck kids? I mean, this is a thread for not having kids, so I guess you are in the wrong place. Go to /d/ if you want to talk about your problems g/u/rl

| "Oy mate how are ya?
Pretty good mate, finally got that bloody abortion. It took some time mate but me and my sheep finally made it"

| >>410692 mental gymnastics gold medalist 2k18

| Its not murder lmao. If you uproot a plant its fine too

| >>410692
Because an adult womens will equals a kids will?

| >>410692 what the fuck u talking about dude

| >>410692 Not an argument.

| I'm still against it just based on the idea that id like to see those kids potential and what their life could become. Shame to waste such opportunities. Also people should generally be more careful with sex. In life threatening cases its fine, inb4 rape victims, given its a small percentage, id be willing to concede an exemption for them too, but preferably not. Protection and adoption are my preferred ideas for people that don't want a kid.

| >>411549 kids don't naturally have potential, it's how they're been developed by their parents and social context that makes them have "potential". Just to think about how many children are in situations of constant violence. Giving them to the fosters doesn't mean the cycle of violence will stop.
In the other hand been pregnant is painful, so why should women gave birth anyways if they suffer.

| >>411549
what do you consider "potential?" because there are plenty of geniuses, artists, and aspiring doctors/scientists etc out there in the world right now who can't be or simply aren't being recognized.

i also don't think we should be telling people to be more careful with sex if we can't give them accessible education/healthcare/birth control

| Those things are more common now than ever before. And are becoming more common as the years go by.

Total number of posts: 34, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1537974134

This thread is permanently archived