danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh accused of trying to force himself on anonymous woman decades ago.

| Full article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/14/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-nominee-denies-anonymous-assault-claim/1301974002/

>My take:
There are two possible situations happening here.

| >Situation 1
This is a last ditch attempt to blast the guy out of this opportunity, which if you know his policies, may be good news for you. That being said, this would still reinforce the harm that baseless rape/assault accusations have, and how legally, women seem to be able to accuse someone with the intent of ruining their public image and can do so without punishment.

| >Situation 2
He really did do it, and the republicans seem to not care enough to investigate it, and are intent on giving him a role in the SUPREME COURT of the united states. Kinda fucked up.

| Seems weird that they would bing up the accusations now of all times. Also, I dont blame the FBI for not opening a criminal report yet. Seems like very little actual evidence could even be provided, especially since it was at most "attempted rape", not much would have been left behind.

| Dont care much for the man himself, but I'd rather somebody walk free on lack of evidence than somebody get condemned on pure accusastion.

| I'll laugh when Feinstein loses her Senate seat because as a member of the judiciary committee she was camping on this for three months without deigning to say anything. Obviously it's a delay attempt which is going nowhere & pivotting into partisan propaganda because Republicans won't take it seriously.

| Its 2, you know its not a ploy to get him out of his opportunity because the dems are fast tracking his pick with no resistance because they're all owned by the same masters.

| >>406252 Bullshit, blue senators in red states are concerned for their careers because the party is coercing them to vote against him on principle so they display a united front.

I should know, my senator is one of them.

| >>406309
yeah wait till the vote
when half the party starts to bend over for "promise of momentum"

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1537051245

This thread is permanently archived