danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Farmers say China has already started to cancel orders due to Trump tariffs

| "According to Iowa Agriculture Secretary Michael Naig, China has already canceled orders on products it typically imports from the state.

“We are already feeling the brunt of these tariffs in the form of a reduction in the purchase of products that historically we’ve been selling to China for many years now, soybean in particular,” he said on “Power Lunch.”

As trade tensions between the United States and China continue to escalate, farmers in Iowa are starting to feel the pain.

| According to Iowa Agriculture Secretary Michael Naig, China has already canceled orders on products it typically imports from the state.

“We are already feeling the brunt of these tariffs in the form of a reduction in the purchase of products that historically we’ve been selling to China for many years now, soybean in particular,” he said on “Power Lunch.”

Last week, China slapped retaliatory tariffs on $34 billion worth of U.S.

| goods, including soybeans and pork, in response to U.S. duties on $34 billion worth of Chinese goods.

President Donald Trump responded earlier this week by unveiling a list of tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods. The duties will not go into effect immediately but will undergo a two-month review process. China then hit back with its own threat of tariffs on $200 billion of U.S. goods.

| Naig said that Iowa predominantly produces corn and soybean, so farmers can’t try to come up with a “plan B” by shifting production.

“They’ve spent a lot of time and energy to build this market, particularly China and soybean, and we’d like to see that effort pay dividends, not be wasted,” he said.

China buys about half of the U.S. soybean exports, and roughly one in three rows of soybeans grown on the nation's farms goes to the world's second-largest economy,

| according to the American Soybean Association. Nearly $20 billion in U.S. agricultural exports went to China last year, with more than half of that amount coming from soybeans.

While producers are concerned about the “near-term turbulence” in the marketplace right now, Naig said there is also fear about destroying demand for their products around the world on a more permanent basis.

| “Our message to the president is we can’t continue to bear the brunt of the retaliation and that our farmers really can’t afford to wait,” he said. “They are planning for a 2019 growing season and for making economic decisions that will impact them for years to come.”"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/13/farmers-say-china-has-started-to-cancel-orders-due-to-trump-tariffs.html

| Is this the part where I admit voting for him was a mistake? Cause I wont

| >>362186 we are well past that point. Now we experience consequences.
Enjoy your trade war!

| >>362186
That's the spirit. Follow your leader with braindead loyality into the "Untergang".
I knew twitter is like the new "Volksempfänger"...

| >>362186
He literally did nothing he promised he even is trying to get the tpp back.
You got Hillary plus a tradewar you're going to pay for.
Enjoy being a cuck.

| >>0016bc
>being this in denial

| >>530559
>being this open to Trump's brain washing

| >>362651
You may have misread who he was refering to there mate. Read the ID carefully.

| We should do a deal with import/export people: this is a Native American reservation. Since we lived here first, we'll let you build a boat port so you can feed your people in exchange for no taxes for either of us through the boat port.

| I'm not a trump supporter but I support the tariffs. Historically, haven't farmers always been screwed over in the US? It's always been this way, these guys just found relief from exporting.

| >>363511
No farmers have always been subsidised for crops like corn. US farmers are quite well-treated.

| >>7cd76c oh you're right. My apologies to>>530559 the blue ids looked very similar.

| >>362186
You snowflakes keep making fun of me but when Trump makes America a better place for EVERYONE youll be sorry.

| >>363910
Gave a taxbreak to carrier for moving to mexico
Still in NAFTA
Wants to put the TPP in NAFTA
Let Ajit Pai gut NN (rules from bush admin consolidates by Obama to be more enforceable)
Bombs Syria for oil lobby helping ISIS
Selling weapons to ISIS aligned Sauds.
Still crumbling infrastructure.
Still nation building
Wants a useless fucking wall (they're called tunnels and planes)
Goldman Sach's econ advisor
Oil lobbiest EPA head

U GOT CUCKED

| >>363910
Guys party basically killed Net Neutrality, trying to bring back something dead like coal, and cant keep a country calm and united like prior presidencies much less keep allies.

Hes charasmatic but he aint the sharpest tool in the shed.

| >>363561
They were fucked into a depression with so many subsidies that their crops were worthless. Restricting the sale or production can be a valid tactic to raise the value of those crops & thus the income of farmers.

Not that I'm sure Trump has anything particular in mind.

>>363937

Still & all, it was tremendously satisfying to stick our fingers into Hillary's eyes. I sometimes wonder what she thinks sitting there watching the man people voted for rather than her.

| >>364131
She thinks nothing because she pied piperd her rich friend who her husband golf's with into the white house and still gets corporate money

| >>364224
Sounds like quite the conspiracy theory you have there

| >>364666
https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+wedding+hillary&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwihgL-l7abcAhVB_IMKHb7qAgsQ_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=560#

| >>364666
https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-americamovil-us&biw=360&bih=274&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=XEFOW8KRNOHSjwSj04PIBw&q=trump+bill+clinton+golf&oq=trump+clinton+golf&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.2.0l2j0i8i30l2.34057.40276..42847...1.0...184.3771.0j25......0....1.........0i30j0i67.4Fhcit6SlDo#imgrc=xaLaXMOZqVV0MM:

| >>364666
Dumbass

| You want proof of pied piper look up Podesta Emails, trump. Links too long

| >>364670
You are claiming that the previous election was rigged by the two main competitors collaborating together. You are fucking nuts.

| >>364688
No stupid.
Pied piper is one candidate elevating another. Its not collusion learn words before you vomit word diarrhea. I'm saying clinton had fucking nothing to lose.
Win does corporate bidding
Lose trump does corporate bidding
Play victim and sell books on how you were cheated and make more money.

Total number of posts: 29, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1531858586

This thread is permanently archived