danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
1 in 10 Russians Want to Emigrate — State Pollster

| A recent survey conducted by the state-funded pollster VTsIOM shows that 1 out of 10 Russians want to leave the country.

Young Russians were especially keen to move: Among those aged 18 to 24, almost one-third (31 percent) of respondents said they wanted to leave the country.

For decades, Russia has suffered a brain and youth drain: According to federal statistics agency Rosstat, more than 300,000 people left the country in 2016.

| VTsIOM said that more than a quarter of those who thought of leaving had already begun preparing for the move by “collecting information about the destination country.” Twenty percent are learning a foreign language.
The top three destinations were Germany (16 percent), the United States (7 percent) and Spain (6 percent), the pollster said.
Notably, one out of four of those questioned in the poll could name a relative or acquaintance who had moved away from Russia in recent years.

| The poll was conducted through phone interviews with 2,000 respondents on June 6-7.

A similar poll conducted recently by the independent Levada Center put the number of Russians considering emigration at 15 percent.

Muscovites were especially keen to move, the pollster found, with one out of five capital city residents thinking of packing their bags.

| https://themoscowtimes.com/news/one-in-10-russians-want-to-emigrate-state-pollster-62113

| No shit, Russia is an icey distopic shithole with a rigged "election."

I feel for you my Russian sisters. :(

| It's like in soviet times, just now it is official capitalism instead fake-communism.

| >>361726 nah russia is just run by mobs, if you want pure capitalism look at good ol' america

| >>361775 the only difference that US oligarchs from Russian ones is that American ones hide their ugly faces better

| >>361778
True. But both sides are moving as bit: Some US oligarchs ugly faces become more visible (e.g. Trump) while some russsian (in general post-soviet) oligarchs act like freedom fighters against evil estate (e.g. nawalny)

| If you do that in mainland China the result will probably be 7 in 10 or even more

| >>362140
Considering that China is gonna become the largest nursing home in history soon, yep.

| >>362200
Cant be that bad for China, but maybe I'm just thinking of parts similar to Hong Kong.

| >>363803

You'd be surprised; Shanghai left much to be desired.

| That really isnt that much though

| Rather than emigration, consider immigration for a moment. I haven't verified this, but someone told me recently that China naturalized well under 1000 citizens in the past 10 years. Compared immigration to the US that's pretty stark.

| >>362200 inb4 soylent green.

| Immigration to the US is on a whole other scale compared to other nations. Also props for mentioning soylent green. Good classic.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1531866940

This thread is permanently archived