danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
left Vs right

| do you think this war between the two will ever end or it is just how human societies work

| The left will win in the end. They always won on the long term. Rightwingers luckyly never achieved to turn the time back for more than one generation. Right wingers just react to changes while leftwingers do changes. Even if the world is bombed back to stoneage, right wingers will loose. Their only chance to beat the left is by total extinction of humanity.
And yes, this is how human societies work.

| The problem is that the left constantly spends and the money runs out, thus reaching a rut. The right generates a great amount of wealth but does not spend it on much. The left tightens control over the state while the right creates more liberty. Generally both are needed so the political cycle continues but in recent years the left and right have been intermixing with one another. There really isn't an easy distinction between the two anymore so predictions are now difficult.

| >>349617
Lmao

| >>349629 I disagree most leftists are for more freedom not less.

| >>349758 This isn't about ideology but how they end up creating policies. There's a tendency for leftist policy to lead to more regulations while rightist policy to lead to reverting back to less regulation. But like I said before, this tendency has been completely broken atm and both sides tend to go for more regulation.

| Right now, politics are abominable. The dichotomy of left vs right being one of their worse aspects. I wonder why that is though. I have a hunch that a major contributing factor is that politics, like many other social things, are simply faked. I've noticed people just wing it, thinking, I suppose, that everybody else is doing the same.

| >>349900 what do you mean "wing it"? and idk for example fashists and communists have been fighting on the streets since 1930's. So I don't think much have changed

| Tweens who've not read a single book for the longest time internalize things others have said on the internet,mostly brief statements like on Twitter,which are probably phony too.It's a shame.We've ended up in a climate where people yell at each other while only hearing their own voice. Memes aretruly powerful.Disinformationis rampant despite the fact there is so much information out there,as what matters to many isn't thetruth,but winning.These cancers need to be expunged,but how?

| >>635026
The continuation took a while to upload. Maybe there's a spam filter now because of recent events. Hope it clears up what I meant. Things have changed where I live, I don't know how it is where you live. Furthermore, it's a smidge more mainstream and frequent now.

| All are wrong

| Im more like up

| >>349758
No they are for freedom as long as it doesn't clash with their beliefs. Being able to refuse to bake a cake for gays and gun ownership come to mind, but I'm sure you have an IQ above 80 and already thought it through before you spoke.

| >>350040
>Store owner refuses to to serve gays
Their choice
>Store owner refuses to serve local white supremacist
Whoa whoa, so much for the tolerant left eh?

| The right will win, because Christ is coming back to judge the world

| >>350512
For some people its worse to be gay than being racist. Religion does that to your brain. It has nithing to do with being left/right

| No matter who wins both are wrong

| >>351019 are u centrist?

| >>351135
Nihilist Anarchist/Post-Leftist

| >>349629 Please stop believing that the right is good with money. They spend just as much if not more money than the left, it's just that they spend it on weapons and tax breaks instead of welfare and medical care.

| >>351384
Spending money on tax breaks?

| >>351384 I'm not believing anything. This can be backed up with statistics. At the end of the day both the left and right spend an absurd about of money on weapons, if your argument is through the US.

| >>350512
That's the typically (neo-)liberal ignorance on the economic reality. And it proofs the connection between economical liberals and right wingers: freedom as the right of the (economic) strongest to rule over the economic weak.
>Between the powerful and the powerless, between the rich and the poor, it's freedom that's opressing and law that liberates.
(Voltaire)

| >>350578
The right would shot the christ on the border, put him into jail or concentration camp or let him drown in the sea. Because jesus the christ is a foreigner proclaiming love and peace between people and chase away the hypocritical moneybags.
In short: For rightwingers Jesus would be just an illegal immigrant proclaiming communism.

| >>352165
With statistics you can backup everything and nothing. In the Soviet Union they regulary made statistics that "proved" they're economically more potent than the west. Even economists in the west were afraid until the 70s this could be true.

| >>352203 Without empirical data you can't prove anything. The reason we do statistical research is so we can understand what's going on. What makes these statistics nice is they're not conducted by parties that have a particular research goal but they simply archive things. Do I really need to explain that?

| >>352359
>Without empirical data you can't prove anything.
You mistake "proving" with "validating". Also in Mathematics, you usually don't have empirical research. It's completely inductive.
>What makes these statistics nice is they're not conducted by parties that have a particular research goal but they simply archive things.
That's pretty naive. The abcense of a everything dominating political party doesn't make statistics free from political (and economical) interest conflicts.

| >>352202 Christ wouldn't transgress the US law by illegally entering and is against communism
The Bible says he who does not work should not eat

| >>353306
>Christ wouldn't transgress the US law by illegally entering
Of course. And because Jesus was such a good roman citizen he died on the cross...
He was not only illegally passing borders, he also conspired against estate
>The Bible says he who does not work should not eat
This is exactly what communism is about.

| >>353339
Luke 23:4 NASB — Then Pilate said to the chief priests and the crowds, “I find no guilt in this man.”

| >>353370
Doesn't matter. He still ended on the cross under Roman reign and Roman law.
Also the Bible is no good historical source, dude.

| >>353533
The point of the verse is that he was innocent under Roman law "dude"

| >>355207
No it isn't. It just says that Jesus was innocent according to the opinion of the local governor, Pontius Pilate. You can cite what you want, it won't change the fact, that in the end Jesus was sentenced to death at the cross officially and legally after roman law.
And also his followers were opressed by the Romans, when they started questioning their hegemony. The early christians were some kind of communists and would be opressed by todays "christian" rulers.

| >>356041
How do you determine guilt of a crime if not through the court

| >>356043
What role does it play here? Fact is, that Jesus was sentenced to death by roman right-winged and corrupt reactionists/imperialists.
And why? Because Jesus was some foreign communist hippie who was suspected for questioning the status quo. Todays rightwingers would label him as terrorist, let him drown, shot him at the border or put him in a concentration camp.

| >>356175
I've proven that wrong by the fact that Jesus broke no law, from Rome or God

| >>356175 the truth imo.

| >>356182
You did not prove anything except your own ignorance to facts.
Question: If he wasn't in conflict with roman law, why was he executed then by Romans the way Romans executed criminals?

| >>356212
Because the angry mob of Jews demanded his execution even to the point of pardoning the murderer Barabbas

| >>356728
Its always the Jews isnt it?

| >>356728
There is no historical source that gives an evidence on this story. It's also not very plausible that roman law was so much dependent on angry mobs of jews. It's more logical that this early Christian Antijudaism was just propaganda to blame the old Jewish clerus as Christ-murderers to punish them for beeing corrupt and collaborating with the roman opressors.

| >>356824
Poisoning the well

Josephus is a historical non-scriptural source that affirms the crucifixion of Christ under Pilate. Does he not count?

Why do you believe Christ lived at all if you don't put any stock into the historicity of prose in the New Testament?

| The left will always win, every day society becomes more and more liberal, at some point being conservative will be frown upon

| >>356833
The new Testament is no contemporary source. It was written way after the events around the historical Jesus. On top it was translated, changed, censored and rearranged by the christian church, which changed over time from a originally jewish rebellion and reform movement into a tool of opression. Yes, jesus was a jew, seen as the jewish figure of the "messias" which was not accepted by the established jewish clerus (who collaborated with Rome to keep their privileges)

| >>356833
Jews poisoning wells is a late medieval conspiracy theory of antijudaism. The funny thing is: when early christians were persecuted in ancient rome, they also were blamed to poison wells by romans.
Back to my main thesis about the relation of jesus and rightwingers:
What do you think Jesus would say about the NRA? ("Swords to plowshares")

| >>357261
I'm saying that you're poisoning the hypothetical well by not permitting any acceptable historical standard you goof

| >>357633
>poisoning the hypothetical well
>you goof
Srsly, what's wrong with you, dude?

Total number of posts: 47, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1531267304

This thread is permanently archived