danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Great Britain on its way to small britain

| Recently the scottish regional parliament voted against the brexit plans of the british central government. The reason was, that a lot of competences which lay in the EU were not supposed to be transfered to the scottish government but to the british central government. Reminder, that scottish people majorly voted against the so called "brexit", which was driven by a campaign of right-winged xenophobe old nationalists against a political naive/passive youth in england and wales.

| Personal opinion:
I would laugh my ass of, if the scotish take suceccfully a 2nd run for independence, leaving the dumb english US-marionettes alone and joining the EU introducing metric measurments and get rid of useless monarchy.
The same counts for the catalans, who want so separate from spain.
On the other hand, the EU has to change massivly, since it is dominated by the same neoliberal/conservative douchebags as england and spain: A united, social europe of regions!

| >>284862 completely agree

| The Scottish government will almost undoubtedly take another crack at indyref, but allow me to say in the same breath that I doubt they'll dump the monarchy (having myself gone over there & discussed it with anyone who would give me the time of day last year). There's no animosity for the queen & statistically monarchies fare better economically than republics, because people perceive them to be that much more stable.

| I agree that the UK & EU are both at the point of reformation or disintegration, but just as we're seeing it in the UK w/ Scotland the EU is been sundered by populism & nationalism, as seen in Italy, unrest in Bosnia, & the dominance of authoritarianism in Poland, Hungary, etc.

| In Scotland I wouldn't say it's about nationalism, just general disappointment in UK politics and perception of how London politicians actively ignore Scotland

| Not the rowdy, ethnic nationalism of Eastern Europe & Italy, but a more stoic, civic nationalism. For example, I once asked a former UK ambassador to Uruguay (a Scot) if he thought their economy could stand on its own. His reply was;

"Oh, no. It'll be very hard, for a generation or two I'd say. Scotland simply doesn't have the tax base to support the amenities to which we've grown accustomed."

But he's still all for it. There's something more than discontent behind those words.

| Queeny makes mad chedda for tourism tho.

| To be fair, Great Britain hasn't been all that "great" in a long while. Good on Scotland though, and hopefully northern Ireland reunites with the rest of the island.

| >>285191

Hell, I can believe that. The fact that you're entitled to free (actually free) housing there despite not being diagnosed with any sort of disability makes me both envious and yet curious of what kind of economy can support it.

| >right-winged xenophobe old nationalists against a political naive/passive youth in england and wales

wow, saying that left-winged guys are not filled with naive/passive youth (/irony)

All in all, it's not a very neutral opinion. I wouldn't take you seriously.

| >>287034
Since when opinions have to be "neutral" mr. mindcontrol, sir?
Also your claim does not make sense, as what you cited and wrote is pretty much the same.

| >>287237
You pretty much just derped out the basic bitch liberal opinion as though it is something new and interesting. Can you add any fresh perspective?

| >>287699
basic bitch liberal, nice level of debate there Mr Projection...

| >>287940
I've notice that is how we do things here.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1526744290

This thread is permanently archived