danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
It's now illegal to criticize Israel in South Carolina

| South Carolina has become the first U.S. state to pass legislation to fight anti-Semitism on campus, after supporters of the measure said it would help colleges battle discrimination amid growing numbers of such incidents nationwide.

The bill passed the South Carolina House by 86 votes to 4 late on Wednesday. Its sponsor, Republican Representative Alan Clemmons, said its passage showed the state was “leading the fight against anti-Semitism.”

| Opponents of the measure said they thought it went too far into censoring critics of Israel’s government.

South Carolina Democratic Senator Brad Hutto, who opposed the bill, said its proponents were trying to inject the state’s lawmakers into a foreign policy debate. The legislation defines anti-Semitism as including calling for attacks on Jews, blaming Israel for all political tensions, and denying its right to exist.

| Opponents of the bill had argued it trampled on free speech and could stifle academic debate.

Joe Cohn, legislative and policy director for the non-partisan Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, said the legislation would insert “a tremendous amount of censorship onto college campuses around discussions of Israel and its policies.”

|
But Clemmons, the bill’s sponsor, said it was long overdue.

“I see Jews at the point of the hate spear in this country,” Clemmons said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-south-carolina-antisemitism/south-carolina-passes-bill-to-fight-anti-semitism-on-campus-idUSKBN1I41JC

| Stupid jews.

| Who fucking cares

| fucking neo-conservatives and neo-liberals

| >>282796
"Israel" is not equal to "Jews" and vice versa. As a real anti-racist and internationalist you have not just the right but the duty to critisize israelian government, which is nothing but a bunch of conservative/neoliberal douchebag-reactionists. They are not better than islamist fundamentalists in arab countries. They have similiar reactionary ideas of the "right of the strongest", cultural (or even "racial") homogenity, "blood and ground" and imperialism.
>>282865
this

| >>282865
^

| Fucking jews, became the new Nazis, from prey to hunter. Damn, I hate those whiny little bitches so much. Especially since jews main task in life is being offended and complaining about 'anti-semitism'.

| >>282882
this

| Criticizing israel =/= antisemitism. Quit framing this like it is.

| We shit, IM FUCKED IF I GO TO COLLAGE

| >>283513
you're almost right, because
"Israel" =/= "israel government".
There is a progressive opposition and smart people in israel, but they suffer from reactionists claim to be the "strong" and "absolute obligatory" and know the "absolute truth" about what is right and wrong. Like everywhere in the world. Conservatives and Neoliberal ideologues managed to advertise themselves as "pragmatics". Under the surface of the cultivated image of "Pragmatism" is nothing but ideology.

| >>283644
The officials in Palestine/Arab regions are the same douchebags. The only reason why people rather sympathize with them is because they are the underdogs who suffer and are in a weaker position. And I can even understand it. But be careful with whom you support there. I am for the palestine people, but not for their rotten leaders. Same is for Israel (even thought their leadership represents the majority in a more "free" and "democratic" way).

| Fuck South Carolina and all those other backwards southern states. They're dragging the rest of us down

| To know who rules over you, simplly find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

| >>283936
You mean like California?

| What about criticising Iran, Russia, Mexico? Aren't these countries being persecuted legally in S.C.?

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1526425669

This thread is permanently archived