danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Lain last message [spoiler!]

| In the anime Lain erased memories of the rumor about Alice so the event wasn't recorded/happened. Consequently Lain's last message to the viewer implies that she will exist as long we remember her. Anyone had such a thought? And I know, I know that various characters had deja vu anyway at the end after the reset, but still what do you guys think?

| Honestly I thought that message was good. It's a simple reminder that when someone dies, nobody will remember them if they were never known. They live only in the memories of those they knew, but if no one mentions your past existence, in a sense you are no longer real.

| It reminds me of the sad stuff that comes with John/Jane Doe's. Physically they existed, they were known and people knew of them. But once they died and couldn't be identified, they have no identity to help them exist past death. The people who did might not know they died, they could talk about them still or not. In the end that last piece of life is gone once those people die as well.

| Deez nuts

| One day we'll all be able to upload.

Death is just a disease we haven't cured yet.

Total number of posts: 5, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1642824831

This thread is permanently archived