danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Cyberpunk 911 calls

| Do you think 911 operators will still be claimed in the future? I mean, it's far more efficient to use software to deal with such a thing. The real operator should be well prepared for dealing such a task -- both mentally (very well prepared) and physically to manage a hard shift. It is also an unhealthy job, sitting on one place for several hours straight, dealing with mankind's horrors. And of course you have to pay salary to those operators...

| I think the downside of this is that speaking to a real person with a pleasant female voice would be more calming than to a soulless machine. It, of course, has the same pleasant voice, but the caller anyway knows that it uses pre-recorded voice samples.

| >Your selection of "breeding pout fromage ringshot mound" does not fit our criteria for urgent care. An anti-prank call dispatch unit will be sent to your location in 9....9....9....9....9.... minutes.

| Eh, idk. I feel like having humans is a lot better. One thing is the trust factor and ease for the people who call, the other thing is stuff like calling while in urgent need of help. If someone is in a situation where they can't directly say out loud the situation they are in, but it's urgent, a well trained human could be able to recognise that, while a machine wouldn't. Are those rare cases? Probably. Saving lives is more important than efficiency though.

| >>647645 well, that's a good point.But if you don't say anything out loud, the human operator may count this as a prank call as well

| >>647730
I didn't mean call and say nothing. More, like, call and pretend you're calling someone who isn't the police. The classic movie shit, you know?

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1587804256

This thread is permanently archived