danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any good cyberpunk books?

| I've been pruning through Snow Crash recently and it's great, but I was wondering if anyone else here had recommendations.

| Anything by William Gibson is more or less cyberpunk, if you haven't read the Sprawl series yet it's great and did a lot to define the genre.

| >>63675
Is it a good jumping off point into cyberpunk? I've had it on my shelf for months and haven't read it.

| Neuromancer is a greatcyberpunk book, I've heard it's the book that gave life to the whole genre.

| Neuromancer is good. Prose a bit wild though. If you're already familiar with the genre, the tropes in it might feel tired.

Do Android Dreams of Electric Sheep? I read it a long time ago so I don't really remember if it's cyberpunk or not.

... I realised I haven't read any other cyberpunk book. Whoops.

| Accelerando starts off cyberpunk but quickly turns into far-future SciFi.

| In "real" books, you may like the stuff of Gibson, and in manga, I warmly recommend you Gunmm

| definitely start off with Neuromancer even though Gibson just takes off running and barely explains anything. but that's okay, you'll pick it up. I really like Count Zero, even if it is the middle part of the series. the stuff with Turner and Angie is especially fun imo. Mona Lisa Overdrive is good just for the return of Molly but Gibson had matured as a writer so it came out differently than the others.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1513199901

This thread is permanently archived