danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What happened?

| I remember this place being more.. alive. I wasn't lurking for quite some time, but recently visited again and this board is basically empty.

What happened to /lain/?

| depression happened

| >>617144
depressed since years, nothing changes tbh

| Basically, people ran out of cyberpunk themed shit to talk about, and then it kinda died out, and then it became a meme, and now we mostly just let it rest and see how many weeks we can go without a thread.

| cyberpunk is kinda over. the internet is no longer the digital frontier it once was, but a handful of mega sites ruling everything.

| cyberpunk is kinda over. the internet is no longer the digital frontier it once was, but a handful of mega sites ruling everything.

| What are you talking about? Megacorps lording over everything is the most cyberpunk thing

| Well there hasn't been anything to bring in a whole rush of newbies to the board in awhile,eg the app going onto the playstore. So once this>>617185 happened, the board died down and people stopped checking it, and then it died more.
Now its like 98% dead. Sad, but I hope it rests in peace.

| Cyberpunk is not an interesting fictional concept anymore. It's becoming reality. '-'

| >>618284 That's why it's not as popular anymore. Why dream of some fictional dystopic fantasy when it can be mailed to your front door in under a day!

| >>618761 and I don't really mind that much. That would be pretty logical outcome.

| >>618186 they also control the products we consume, do you really think that mega corporations would allow people to read and understand the very philosophy that opposes them? they already managed to reduce cyberpunk to "cool robots an shiett"

| Hmm... Sad it's dead, i'm new here

| It's simple: The cyberpunk genre contains much criticism on certain social, economical and technological developments, which included a growing common ignorance on those developments.
Now that the fictional cyberpunk rather turned out being predictional the genre became victim of it's own predictions: the common ignorance on bad social, economical and technological developments, which cyberpunk was about in a mostly critical way.

| I don't think the death of this board has anything to do with a decline in cyberpunk. Cyberpunk has always been fairly niche, if anything its more popular now than in the past. Its just taken more forms. Like how psycho-pass deals with some cyberpunk themes, but has a clean asthetic rather than the more tradition Blade Runner neon aesthetic.

| >>619363 Yes and that's exactly why I was saying that cyberpunk is far from dead.
The very state of the internet as it is now is reminiscent of cyberpunk dystopias.

| >>619670
You can try to help make it not dead

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1579980595

This thread is permanently archived