danger/u/
Cyberpunk books and manga

| So if you guys have any cyberpunk manga or books you would recommend checking out, post their title etc. here.

| Armitage III

| Obviously Orwell's 1984. Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep is also a good read. Dunno if some of them got translated into English but the whole Shadowrun Series written bei Markus Heitz is excellent too.

| Blame! is a neat manga btw.

| >>602522
Blame seems pretty good

| >>602521
Haven't read any of these, I'll check them out, thanks.

| Visit, https://dangeru.us/lain/thread/602470 for some good suggestions on cyberpunk manga and books.

| Hey maybe late but check
>Neuromancer
It's pretty cool I found out about it in lainchan

| Necromancer

| >>d191a5
I just bought neuromancer the other week, it's pretty good yeah

| >>605957
>>606260
The whole sprawl trilogy is pretty alright. Neuromancer is the best but if you liked it you should check out Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive as well.

| >>606328
his other trilogies are pretty good too. for me it would be like:
sprawl trilogy ~ apple ii
bridge trilogy ~ bondi blue imac g3
bigend trilogy ~ aluminium powerbook g4

i only read like 50 pages of the peripheral before giving up because i wasn't understanding a single thing. the atmosphere was really cool, especially the whole future cyber redneck thing.

| i also reccomend max headroom (the tv series). it was surprisingly good and the asthetics were pure 80s kino, like the entwork xxiii building being cross shaped.

| For a cyberpunk manga I would recommend Eden it's an Endless World.

| lots of great cyberpunk manga, one i can really recommend if youre into more atmospheric stuff is Blame!
really good for something with almost no dialogue

| >>607079
Gibson's writing style is...frustrating. I'm not a native english speaker but I generally like to read in english. Neuromancer was the first book I've read that forced me to read some chapters multiple times and have a dictionary at my side all the time just to understand what was going on. It's definitely a book that benefits from multiple readings. I've never read the peripheral but I imagine it's the same deal or worse.

| Ghost in the Shell is a natural choice, manga and anime

| Blames author Tsutomu Nihei also made another cyberpunk-ish story called Noise. It's a one shot.

All of Ghost In The Shell's mediums are some of the best cyberpunk around of all time

As far as suggestions/mentions, I am surprised no one has spoke of Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita. Now that is a classic cyberpunk manga.

| Has anyone read/heard Qualityland? It's only kinda Cyberpunk and more dystopia but it has (potentially) sentient AI and a more unusual take on it. (It's a satire)

| Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash is fun, it's definitely a little satirical of cyberpunk but worth reading in its own right as well.

| Most books by Phillip K. Dick, especially "Ubik" and "Do androids drram of electric sheep?"

| Most books by Phillip K. Dick, especially "Ubik" and "Do androids drram of electric sheep?"

| Reading is for pussies, hit the gym.

| Wel there's Electric Sheep (Blade Runner), Neuromancer, Snow Crash, and maybe even Ready Player One

| Gibson's writing feels extremely smokescreen and pretentious. He's like trying to impress you by talking about that French butter put on a Scandinavian plate next to the Ono-Sendai last model technolyzer on that Shanghai-built table, but there is no substance behind those pretty names.
Cut those pedantic descriptions and the size of his books is cut by half.
And let's not even mention his boomer rambling about the next-gen Japanese schoolgirls. Sounds like 90s marketing.

| >>626007 well that's one way to see it

|
>>2b4eef
tru

| Neil Stephenson's The Diamond Age was actually good and really original. Although it is not quite cyberpunk, it's more like nanopunk and the ending is less interesting, than the beginning, you can definitely check it out.

| >>602513 >>602522 >>623584
Based

| Snow Crash fucking rocks

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1583265996

Refresh