danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Cyberpunk is near, better be prepared

| The time when original and funny content would be banned because by law "do music by yourself or get banned", when every cool content in the internet would be replaced by normie trash, when imageboards get banned because people there have different opinions, when the internet is simply dying, this time is near, ah wait... It's now!
Dump your programs for archiving the internet as well as programs that will help to survive thoses hard times, and dump sites that are still 1337

| Yep, it's been going on for a while now.

Just be careful with what you post anywhere because wrongthink will get you labeled as an alt-right racist homophobe transphobic misogynist bigoted terrorist nazi fascist and people who fall on the herd mentality will go after you with bikelocks.

| >>589802
>>589800
We truly do live in a society

| >>589838 we live in a society where people live in a society where people live in a society where people eat spaghetti

| >>589800 >>589802 nah, dont think the internet its about to end. Memes will still be and people will still feel offended but when it wasnt like this? We where taking shiet about each others perspective since we were apes, the only thing that will change is the amount of information we produce to be more angry, so: you can still talk as long you let others people talk

| >>590010 that's what I'm afraid of.
People don't want to let each other talk anymore...

| >>590010 The problem isnt about offending, it's about laws and internet monitoring. I hope that i dont have to explain about the fact that if you're a feminist you can freely comment in social media "men are pigs" and that would be ok, but if your opinion isnt a mainstream one then you just get banned, just like 8chan. Memes will always live but original content on youtube is dying because of copyrights. Do you need more evidence?

| >>590050
>>589802

8chan got banned cuz of /pol/ shit. Don't host /pol/ and you'll be fine.

| Internet has been already gone to shit
Either deal with it, use a darknet or just try slowly quitting it?

| >>590050 so do you think men are pigs? If dont, just let it be, if you feel offended you have the same right as the feminists and everybody else to reply "i feel offended by this". If you are doing no-wrong you shouldnt worry about anything.
Also for the case of 8chan, this >>590108

| >>590124
What really makes darknet any better?
It's just the same as we're doing now. Seeking out smaller online communities, forums, and corners of the internet. We're looking for places that hasn't been massively corrupted by the modernization of things and the general population.

| Shit, /new/ is leaking to other boards

| >>945e05
Both the Right and the Left does that. I've rarely seen dialogue from either side, always arguments. And I don't want to deal with that. If you're going to redtext me, please go away.
The only way to prevent exploitation of the people is complete personal transparency of all. But of course, no one enjoys being laid bare, so the elites, criminals, and even the ordinary will continue to commit selfish acts away from eyes that condemn.

~mopes dew yokel

| It's also possible that, with knowledge of humanity's history, we could restart society as a whole into a technocratic/bureaucratic system of government. However, any actual effort spent on building a community on Earth will just turn it into an elite's playground, like the future city Neom. The only way to truly rebuild is to go to where the upper class will not go, the new frontier: Mars. I have great hope that it will change society the way the Americas did.

~froth stark pays

| >>590598 So much this. If you don't want censorship, it's the right you should be bitching about. Hell the left fuckin hates the centralization of the net, they want places like this to be the norm.

| OP here. Guys i actually didn't ask why the net is dying, i'm talking about the consequences. You can't just tell the right or the left to stop being retarded, so i was talking about how to be prepared for those dark (or better say grey) times. I wanted programs, programs to save locally files, programs to make my local storage safe, and any other cool stuff you know. Is it even /tech?

| >>590701 dude, it's too late, most processors already have backdoors embedded in the hardware
And most processors that don't have good performance

| I'm getting ready for the internet being taken over by corporations and fake shit (so convincing deep fakes and everyone getting hacked and shit + massive amounts of censorship from corporations making the internet essentially useless). I'll just sit in a tunnel or under a bridge and smoke weed and do smaller dirty jobs for money, then probably get killed.

| >>590652
>Both the Right and the Left does that.
No, they don't.
>I've rarely seen dialogue from either side, always arguments.
This is what politics is about.
>And I don't want to deal with that.

>If you're going to redtext me, please go away.
That beeing "redtexted" is your biggest concern says much about where you stand. Typical "center" type: Always open to the right, but never even listening to the "red devils" in the left.

| >>590652
>The only way to prevent exploitation of the people is complete personal transparency of all.
It seems you missed that personal information became (like work) a good and fits perfectly into capitalisms class society.
Internet Platforms are like production means (=capital), only owned by a few (=capitalists) while personal information is like work something the majority (=proletariat) has to sell to the platform owners as a good.

| >>590652
>But of course, no one enjoys being laid bare, so the elites, criminals, and even the ordinary will continue to commit selfish acts away from eyes that condemn.
You basically described why overcoming capitalism is so prolematic and unpopular: Everyone fears to loose privileges and status - and thanks to capitalist propaganda even those who could benifit from such fundamental like "total transparency" (and "collectivation of production means").

| >>590701
>OP here. Guys i actually didn't ask why the net is dying, i'm talking about the consequences.
The consequences are are not independent from how the question you didn't ask.
>You can't just tell the right or the left to stop being retarded,
The thing is, that the right is completely and fundamentally retarded, while parts of the left have, independent from their failures in practise, some undeniable some truly valid points about the issues of human society.

| >>590701
>so i was talking about how to be prepared for those dark (or better say grey) times.
Even if I think this is a very resigning pov, which I don't like, I can understand and accept it.
>I wanted programs,
be more specific please
>programs to save locally files,
Not specific enough, but I think curl, wget and youtube-dl could be an answer.
>programs to make my local storage safe,
luks, mdadm, lvm
>and any other cool stuff you know.
no
>Is it even /tech?
No, you are in /lain/

| >>590938
>no you are in /lain/
Actually i can't even describe this feeling when i post a thread that was about programs but it gets moved to cyberpunk because of the title and then im surprised to get no answer to that question until you come. Great job mods

I can't be specific about programs because i don't know if i need something more than this. Thx for the recomendations tho.

| >>590936
That's why i don't like today's politics, because it's not about ideas anymore, it's about sides. Personally i see more retardation on the left side but at this point it's not even an opinion, it's a matter of taste. I would love to see a world where people stop doing retarded stuff and try to get as peacefull and productive as possible, where instead of making misgendering illegal we would focus on making everyone well educated and think about how to improve the future.

| >>590605
You're not wrong.

| >>590961
I'd go as far as to say he's right.

| You're all brainless political drones
> derp the left is evil, I like the right
> herp the right is evil, I like the left

Just shut the fuck up and start looking around bitches and notice the world is not black and white and there is neother absolute evil nor absolute good

| >>0cb24e You've lost the moment you advocated for conflict. You have no right to complain about others not listening to you when you so openly admit to refusing to doing so either, despite what you may believe who to be more correct.

~lobed tusk deeds

| The reason the Right is more center-friendly is because they are fringe, not unlike with the Left in the past. And because the Left is so confident in its position as the mainstream ideology, people like you feel no need to make yourselves flexible. Is this not a form of herd mentality?

~liege chick eerie

| Personal information as a product conforms more to the Capitalist standard, yes. My idea was more of a Communist-centered idea. The reason why I thought that distributing free information of all kinds to all, all the way from government/corporate expenses down to an indvdual's fetishes, instead of wealth to be a better plan is because it's easier to know what needs to be fixed rather than just throwing money at the problem. But nevermind my rambles.

~drab loony helen

| >>590988
Wow there are intelligent people too here, man you gave me hope in humans you rock. No honestly this is ultimatetly the bullshit why we are here. Yes, our little communists have a point too about Capitalism but the main problem why we're fucked i think is because of media's propoganda. Just think about it:
Thanks to media everybody when talking about politics are now or left or right or centrists. Today nobody talks about other ideas, other ideologies, other philosophies.

| >>590992
>You've lost the moment you advocated for conflict.
The conflict is already there, no matter if I advocate for it or not. Also the conflict is not new.
"The great historical events are somehow occuring twice - the first time as a tragedy and the second time as a farce"
>You have no right to complain about others not listening to you when you so openly admit to refusing to doing so either
I know my rights, and according to them you're wrong.

| >>591003
>I know my rights, and according to them you're wrong.
Kek.

| All men are fartknockers. Change my mind.

| >>591069
What's a fartknocker?

| >>591003 So you've resigned yourself to not bothering to discuss because you believe it to be fruitless? Again, a tad bit hypocritical of you. It is one thing if the other is also staunch in their belief, but to continue to do so when they are open means it's more a problem on your part.
Even more amusing that you've said that while overlooking the latter part of my comment. Truly astounding.

~lorre sync pled

| >>591215 that's the third form of the snippet-quote technique,
you remove the parts that destroy your arguments and hope no one notices it

| >>591549
Decentralized services are kind of bunkers too, a bunker from normies and media, and it has a major flaw:
Though decentralized services cant be taken down they can be made illegal, so people will get arrested for using for example i2p, just like vpns that are banned in russia. The network today is being monitored at such a new level that it's very difficult to bypass it. Read about dpi for example, that thing is being used today by every country in the first world.
PS: OP

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1566665977

This thread is permanently archived