danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Are we close to a cyberpunk era?

| So, with all the new technologies we have today and still improving, makes me wonder how close we are to a cyberpunk utopia or distopia. Might not be too far away, what do you guys think?

| (wrong board, this should be in /tech/)

| >>lain

| Gurl, have you just woken up from coma or something?

| Everybody is just gonna be too addicted to personal devices like phones to actually care about real life stuff, so nobody will care about politics or innovations. It'll be more about the hype for that MacGyver reboot, which nobody feels, except me. . .

##Janitor:Stormy##

| Moved to /lain/

| Too late to wonder...it's already happening.

| >>57888 Yes, it will be just like in this one doujin where a guy's phone turned into a hot g/u/rl and then they rubbed their crotches or something (I didn't understand the latter part).

| >>57888

| >>58741 i do, you see they rub their crotches together because the protag is a horny fuck who couldn't get a real human, because if his horniness he now show the feeling of love and (more importantly) lust to the phone, dooming the entire human race (and maybe others animals) to become sex slave for their new robotic overlords.
lessons learn: if you wanna fuck your phone then love it and dont let it get addicted to the feeling of it.

| Cyberpunks technology is outdated, if anything the 80's was closest

| Vector graphics, high crime, insane prices, old ass tech with a shitton of wire

| ^

| Never give uppp

| It is the next step, all we do it leading up to the cyberpunk age which will then lead to the space age

| I think we already passed cyberpunk, grunge style isnt really cool anymore to society, its all sleek performance, modern, clean, efficient. Like i said, the 80's were closest to cyberpunk, primitive tech considered essential for human life, and a certain grungy feel to the atmosphere, vector graphics and old tube powered monitors, nowadays its more futuristic. Style is gone, let live the age of complex clean machinery

| what a shallow veiw. cyberpunk is a bit more then grunge and it isnt really based on 80 tech.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1512759190

This thread is permanently archived