danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
BladeRunner 2049

| So, since we don't have a movies section... thoughts on this movie? I completely forgot about it, but it looks like they didn't completely wreck it, so I'm planning to see it. I read in the wiki that originally they wanted Christopher Nolan to direct. My God, they came *this* close to making the movie of the century. Well I haven't seen any movies of his since Insomnia, so I have some catching up to do, but as I understand, he's basically God by now.

| >>511426 it's just as good as the first one, maybe even better

| >>512383 I watched it yesterday. I agree, they nailed it, whatever it was. My brother suggested it was open ended like they were trying to make a sequel, and I was like no, just no. It would be literally the Matrix 2-3. Really immersing, great music/audio, and no shitty CGI that I noticed. Almost 3 hours, but didn't feel like it. Allowed for lots of quiet, slow scene building where you could just take in the setting. I'm going to watch again asap :)

| they are making a prequel anime

| >>512396 I'm both disgusted and aroused... mostly aroused.

| >>512584
The anime is being called Blade Runner — Black Lotus. The 13-episode series is being directed by Shinji Aramaki, who directed the Appleseed films, and Kenji Kamiyama, who directed the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. Additionally, Cowboy Bebop director Shinichirō Watanabe is acting as Black Lotus’ creative producer.

Funded by Adult Swim & Crunchyroll.
So it should be good.

| I really liked it, even outside of the cyberpunk aesthetic; the slow pace and tension it has in certain scenes, like when he goes down to the furnace, are very well done, and it's hard to find moments like that in recent movies.

| >>512732

Just getting pretty much three of the greatest cyberpunk/scifi anime directors of the previous decades to join together, eh? This is going to be amazing.

| >>512732 >>513447 Yea, that sounds like it has great potential. Too bad not any new GitS recently, because I think that universe and Blade Runner are almost completely compatible. They should merge them and make both better! :)

>>513185 for sure... nobody makes 2.5+ hour movies... sad. Some of the sets/environments were so amazingly detailed. The whole section where he meets Deckard...

| if I found the first one boring and kind of pretentious, could I still like the new one?

| >>513579 There's a new GitS series on the way too.

| >>514036 I guess that depends on what you like. It has a lot of action and intensity, but also quiet slow parts. As for pretentious, I don't know.

>>514091 is it live action? haha, ok, no. Good to hear though :D

| Not quite what I had hoped for and the ending kinda made me feel off, but overall it was a good movie that captured the melancholic slow-burn feeling of the original.

Also the Blackout anime short was rad as hell

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1544784940

This thread is permanently archived