danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Russia is a true cyberpunk

| Guess, why? About 70% people are living beyond the poverty line, and 29% are struggling to stay above it. Country economy is controlled by huge governmental companies (so in some way these companies control us). Marked is filled by the cheap chinese copies of literally everything, but mostly - tech. All we need now is prosthetics and lots of neon.

| Thats kinda cool.. i mean its mostly depressing, but also kinda cool

| Anyone know of any cyberpunk works set in Russia? I know Gibson has a story set on a Soviet space station, but other than that?

| Blayt.

| Isn't Russia almost entirely rural, save for a few very large metropolises?

| Cyberpunk is a bitch
So is russia

| 70%

is that an exaggeration or....

| >>399292 that's the sad reality, m8.

| >>399174 that's not so true. Most of the russian population condensed in the western regions, and most cities here actually look like normal cities. But yea, still no neon -_-

| No neon - no cyberpunk

| What if the USA firebombed Russia with glow-in-the-dark neon spray paint splatoon-style

| It doesn't have to be neon anymore. LED could work, but there's an awful need for more advert boards around the city and more magenta light.

| Real Russian cyberpunk only works with some post-nuclear-catastrophe end-time scenario. Russians are used to autocratism, but at the same time most people there share a deep distrust in their authorities. Other than in western countries, where people are way less sceptical on their system. Especially liberals are blind to see the autocratism which is inherent to their liberal economy. And now they are confused and suprised about the rise of the far-right.

| I think Nairobi Kenya is becoming super cyberpunk. Divided city, phones are wallets, china is flooding them with new infrastructute and flashy gambling tech machines. Corruption at huge levels and corporate greed rifely mixed into politics. Give it 10 years, and i think the point will be proven. But yeah i agree with Russia being super cyberpunk too, just population density is a key too. Chongqing china and jining china are the most cyber places ive been. Maybe bangkok gets it 2

| >>401040 I've been to Bangkok, and maybe it's only because I've been to the good places, but I don't think it's cyberpunk. Dystopian, maybe. Not cyberpunk.

| Ukraine is pretty dystopian/cyberpunk too, especially lviv, not a native here but I have to live for a while so, the part's of city area pretty neon blasted, give it old as fuck buildings and you have something looking like Soviet blade runner.

| >>14b863 also, high level of corruption, strip clubs serves as a hooker catalogue, and poverty exceedes your expectations.
Only government have money street level pple wearing fake as hell gucci, Armani etc.
You can buy a full Armani suit for 15 $ here

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1536305655

This thread is permanently archived