danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) Devices. Real or hullabaloo?

| I made one of these back in highschool from RadioShack parts and almost knocked myself blind like a dumdum cause I put the electrodes on wrong lol. After I corrected my blunder though it seemed to work as advertised.

I was thinking of making a semi permanent "implant" version, using piercing mounts as electrodes and it could charge using a calculator battery. All housed in a 3D printed water resistant shell.

| Here's a recentish article listing some commercially sold tDCSs: https://neurogal.com/neuro-blog/top-five-tdcs-devices-of-2018

| ... What? This is a thing?

| >>362491 yup. Here's the article I used to learn to make mine back in '13: http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Human-Enhancement-Device-Basic-tDCS-Suppl/

| >I was surprised and pleased to learn that human enhancement technologies not only exist, but are within the reach of the basic electronic hobbyist. This instructable is (of course) for educational purposes only and you may be violating local laws by constructing and/or using the device described here. The author of this instructable is not liable for the burns, permanent neurological damage, or other personal injury up to and including insanity and/or seizures and/or dismemberment and/or immolation and/or death that may result from building and using the device described here.

...um... wow.

| There's a few biomodder / 'grinder' (not that one) communities that deal with stuff like this. And while the stories coming from them are HORRIFYING, they are a good look at what's gonna be happening with robot hands and the like.

FPlus 281 has an entertaining and excruciating look at this. Hot glue is NOT a bioproofing material!

| >>364079 I did some googling and I can't find any /HORRIFYING/ stories. Some blunders with magnet implants and super glue like you mentioned but nothing crazy. But I did find some biohacking websites now, dunno why I never checked them out before.

| >>364982 actually very much considering a hand magnet now

| I really want a magnetic implant, it would be soooo cool

| >>365029 >>364983

Just keep in mind the downsides to said magnets, e.g. bricking phone/electronics, having trouble crossing TSA, etc.

| The magnets are way to weak to brick your phone and most TSA scanners can't detect something small or are happy enough with a simple explanation.

| Worse problem: MRIs or certain scanners or worksites will rip that shit right out of your hand.

| >>366117 I mean people get metal tooth fillings I'm sure the risks are basically the same

| >>366117
It's safe, but painful

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1532038254

This thread is permanently archived