danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
whats the most cyberpunk thing you have gone through IRl

| For me is probably when i got chipped in jail and after that the first time i went to an airport with the body scanners they told me i have something in my right shoulder. (This is when i knew i was chipped) then the last fuckin time i was at an airport i came in, i nonchalantly said theres a chip on thw right arm but the fuckin scanners and tcc sheep were like na its on the left this time

| Yo what the FUCK are they doing to you in the States

For me it was being tracked for work thru my cell phone, and shopping online and having people I KNOW PERSONALLY reviewing the item I'm looking at. Also crowdsourcing info (ex. For GMaps) is equal parts impressive and terrifying

| I sometimes control my pc with my phone to skip songs.

| Being chipped at the hospital

| Remoting into my workstation, hopping on to the company VPN so I could jump to a host in a different building and update my active directory. This enabled my badge to let me into the building, grab a drink from the break room and take a piss before catching a flight back to my home town. It was the company I worked for but a different office in Seattle.

| >>358304 also nothing was really technically difficult but I did it all without asking and even getting past security. The night setting and area I was at had more to do with the aesthetic than the actions performed.

| I recently finished my formal education and got a job as a security consultant. I also work part time delivering pizza and Ive been training kendo since I was a kid. This isnt cyberpunk in itself but it reminds me of the protagonist from that cyberpunk novel...

| >>359626
Does your business card read
LAST OF THE FREELANCE HACKERS
AND
GREATEST SWORDFIGHTER IN THE WORLD

?

| >>359626 wait what novel

| >>359798 >>359626 Snow Crash, right?

| Went to Shibuya (or was it Shinjuku?) when it was raining (at night of course) and saw a guy tap his phone to a pole and his bike rose from a compartment under the sidewalk I shit you not

| >>360559 it was all "bwish" when it rose from the ground

| >>360559

When? I was just there yesterday.

In Shanghai a tour guide showed me how they unlock these rental bikes- they scan a QR code on the bike, an app gives them the bike code, and then it unlocks.

1 USD for a month apparently. GPS tracking on the bikes.

| Is depression cyberpunk?

| >>360825 if you live in a high rise apartment in a rainy neon-lit city with your cybernetic arm then yeah

| >>360677 I was just there like a week or so ago. Couldn't find the exact one but here's an example of what the bike thingys do: https://youtu.be/0hhZO0N2C0E

| >>360825 if you treat it with vrchat and sketchy drugs bought off a .onion site then yeah

| We went to an experiment proof of concept building and the inside was layered up with a massive hole in the middle, think the judge Fred film tower block, with no barriers, you could walk right off, and at the bottom was a really deep pool, ofc at maximum velocity they put barriers or you'd die as soon as you hit the pool but then they had glass floors and you could change the image projected on the floor and it was so cool, tokyo, before anyone asks.

| Dredd* judge dredd film

| >>361807 Holy shit. How does that not end with some guy body slamming some guy in the pool? Or overshooting and hitting the other side of the pool?

And for that matter, how do they even make a proof of concept before someone realizes what a bad idea that is?

| >>361807 where at in Tokyo? I might check it out this weekend depending on travel time

| >>359961 I'm so glad people know about Snow Crash

| >>362844 i love that book so much, it parodied cyberpunk so hard it became a cyberpunk classic

| >>362844 >>362925 It's such a great ride. That's the best way to describe Snow Crash I think.

| >>363125 >>362925 IKR! However, it's getting kinda scary that the world is moving in that direction... There's motorized longboards that can go 20mph now and they sell katanas on wish.com for 20 USD

| >>363357 also 3d printing guns is legal now

| >>363358

Is that countrywide? I thought it's state by state?

| Tge thing about buying katanas without seeing them is how good is the edge? You wouldnt want to have to buy a dremel along with it. Id go for gas poweres hedge trimmer

| And 3d printing firearms parts hasnt been illegal. It still tough cuz you need a firibg pin harder than the metal casing thats being struck which is pretty damn hard for plastics today
-dirty harrie

| >>364066

| Not to mention that the failure rate for most 3D printed guns is pretty high. At best, you'll be able to get a single shot off before the casing falls apart.

| Indeed

| >>364075 a single shot is dangerous enough by itself

| Playing cyberpunk game like Shadowrun

Total number of posts: 34, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1531873110

This thread is permanently archived