danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What would you have augmented to benefit your everyday life?

| I think i'd have a web interface implanted in my brain so i can go shopping easily

| This

| >>323981
>>tech is already running over here to tell you how bad the web is

| >>324113
>>>tech

| Surprised nobody said dick yet
I choose my dick

| Mood monitors.
I wanna know when serotonin/dopamine is too high or low before I make any plans. Basically anything that can make depression less crushing. Or help me plan for when I'm not a sad sack of shit.
Also that detective vision thing that every scifi has where items glow. But then I'm worried I become a huge klepto and steal everyone's synchrozine :(
>>324265 make it the dick gun from From Dusk Till Dawn. Go really outside the box with it!!

| >>324265
I want a dick with a camera I can detatch and operate like a drone.

| Eye-embed GUI, similar to google glass, script support and some sensors, like GPS, accelerometer and climate. I wish i could trigger things like "show note when position = avenue glitch", or "read note from evernote".

| >>324795
That sounds both cool and practical.

| I just want cyborg/augmented hands in the future

Fuck you inevitable carpal tunnel syndrome

| >>324828
I want the typing hands from Ghost in The Shell

| >>324843
I want to be a ghost in a shell with hands.

| my whole body so i'd be able tp change what i want about it so i won't hate it as much

| >>324783 just hotglue a strapon to a drone

| I'd rather stay pure human thanks.

| >>325254 your loss. More robodongs for me !)

But seriously, i am interested in the reasoning for that decision. I hope you do end up happy about it, and actually humanity is p. Good

|
█▀▄▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ ░▀░ █▀▀ █░█
█░▀░█ █▄▄█ █░░█ ▀█▀ █░░ █▀▄
▀░░░▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀▀▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀

| Lungs that can be converted to gills would be dope too

| Iron Bowls, so I dont get stuck in the toilet like Johnny Akiba from MGS

| Thermal vision would be cool.

| >>324828 Also this. Something like Alma's with a built-in OS would be cool.

| Fix my ears so that they work.

| >>324783 agreeable

| Super eyes, like the gui thing someone said before, plus reprogrammable stuff, like when u get into a car u can get a accelerometer and stuff, when u get into a plane u get altitude monitors and stuff.

And if u are a soldier or smth armor bars and stuff

| Just one arm, my left arm. I want to stay as organic as possible but I still want augs.

| I would add neural enhancements to allow me to easily learn foreign languages.

| >>327629 Oh yeah, highly agree. Having a real life Heads Up Display would be incredible.

| I would probably just have a few implants. Some quality of life stuff. Some cool nerdy stuff. If I ever got in an accident or got some kind of illness or something where I had to replace a limb, I'd probably go all out on that limb (if I could afford it).

| Eyes, because I can't fucking see withouth my glasses

| I want various functional dicks implanted in my body.

| eyes that can see beyond the "normal" light spectrum. dont even care if i cant comprehend anything, it would just be cool af

| >>324795 >>327629
this and >>329897

| I would change my lungs and my liver so I can indulge in my vices without worrying

| Web interface...new pair if eyes and my left leg because it was kinda badly hurt 7 years ago during car accident and never regain its full health since....sigh

| >>332742 i'm sorry man, that's unfortunate.

| I walk/dance etc 100 percent normal. But i do not feel quite big part of my leg nearby knee area. I can stab this place with fe. Fork and i feel nothing. Nerves there are just...dead

| >>332742
That's why augments are going to make the world a better place.

| >>332766
Metal doesn't have nerves in it, so a robotic leg couldn't really fix that.

| >>332770
What about bionics?

| >>332772
Bionics and augs are the same shit.

| >>332802 nope, they aren't

| >>325295 I don't want weird foreign objects replacing my body. You can make a metal arm that looks, feels, and outperforms your real arm but in the end it is not your body. Merely a tool attached to serve the same function.

Most people seem to prefer the practical value of augmentations, but frankly there's no way a more powerful and functional appendage will make my life happier than an acceptance of my body the way it is naturally.

| >>331385 theoretically, once the tec is at that point you wouldn't need to replace an eye, just use a pare of glasses. Same with a h.u.d

| Yeah... But still mantis blades arms would be awesome :)

| My eyes for sure. Just better vision alone is useful

| eyes that could show under the clothes or behind walls would be awesome

| >>333510
This, along with a liver that could unfailingly process any amount of alcohol.

| Lungs that also give you ability to breath under water

| I can't wait until people start misusing and tweaking with their augments for aesthetic

| >>333138 I guess. I kind of fell in love with the fantastical aspects of augmentation and the possibilities they entail.
Also, maybe I don't respect my body as much as I should, due to a fatalistic world view I'm trying to shake. Perhaps if I thought it was worth preserving my body as it is, I'd be opposed to robo quadcopter IoT dongs?
Either way, I hope neither of us regret our decisions, and that the augs vs naturals war doesn't happen.

| >>333138
It's a nightmare if society adopts augmentation without any regulation. If your job has a lot of heavy lifting, for example, the guy with the bulked up robo prosthetics will always outperform you. Staying competitive could literally cost you your arms and legs.

| Who would be down for jetpack roller skate feet

| >>335223
They would flip you into the air and faceplant you.

| i WANT A two hundred and ninety FOOT LASER DONG

|

| why nobody wrote about their own android and Connor

| >>335856 Not if you're augged the right way. Magnetics and suspensions are getting decent

| Id like to augment my spine
Not even a joke i want to walk again

| I just want to be Adam Jensen but not just for his augs for his rad ass coat

| >>337443 isn't it a thing you can buy?
>>337440 fuck dude, I'm sorry. Prosthetics are getting good, maybe one day

| Yeah but they're stupidly expensive and if you're him you basically get it for free

| Obviously I would want augmented DNA so I don't have to be male anymore.

| >>339371 Already have that it's called surgery and hormone replacement therapy.

| I'm gender fluid and dysphoric, so I would have implants that change my body's appearance from male to female (like, wires that change shap under the skin to give me breasts or bigger hips or more of a feminine figure). I would for for that

| >>324265
>>325671
>>331361
>>336351
This

| You fags that convert half of your body in to metal - good luck powering that shit for long periods. You'll walk around with a cable up your ass and in to the wall or a car battery on wheels following you.

| >>324327 thiss

| >>04ed1b reminds me of that stripper that could change her appearance at will. Was pretty cool but also looked freaky at the same time.

| >>7bca7b oops I forgot to say that I saw that stripper on the show altered carbon.

| I would replace either my big intestine or stomach with something that actually works

| >>346364 You know, imagine you won't

| Data transmission through eye contact

| >>350581
As in the eyes must touch?

| I want brain aug so I can be smarter. Are there any developments and research in this field?

| >>353311 actually yes. Search for tDCS. I feel fantastic, like I can focus on everything.

| My liver. My vision. My hearing.
Maybe adding something to listen to music. The hability to cancel sound from the outside.

| >>350611
...that would be so fkn awkward.

Total number of posts: 77, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1531174617

This thread is permanently archived