danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Can't wait to get chased by a Boston dynamics robot.

| Slap a futuristic general purpose A.I. in there and it'll be used for all sorts of shit. I swear it freaks me out how good at traversing the environment that some of those bots have gotten.

| Why would you be chased by it?

| If you took its car keys yeah

| I presume you've seen that black mirror episode op? Metalhead?

I'm not a fan of degrading a cool topic and discussion down to "zomg it's like a TV show", but I feel like you'd be thrilled by the episode so I make an exception for you. :P

But yeah, their bots are incredible. They will be used for a lot of bad things but I think that some good will come of it too. Maybe not enough to tip the scale, but hey, good is good.

| Anyone else had this first impression their usual quadrupedal robot look like 2 torsoless men carrying a frame?

Right in the uncanny valley.

| >>283426
You need something bad to make good and vice versa. And what is good or bad is too subjective, let's say someone steals your kidney, from your point of view, it's bad, from the patient's view it's good, he's gonna live

| >>283514
Karma bullshit to sedate bad concience. You can't just run arround and shit on people having the lame excuse that magically there will be something good to keep the "balance".

| >>284320 the karmic waves intensify

| >>284320
You can't, that's right if I stab you, there's no way I'll convince you it's bad only to you and some more people..

| >>286255
But what was your reason for stabbing him? His example with the kidney was if some stole a person's kidney to save another person's life.
He also didn't say that everything has a good side. Only that some things are bad for some and good for some.

| >>286336
*someone

| >>286336
Well, who would do something that isn't beneficial for someone, that would be waste of time (let's not count actions in affect) mostly bad things have also a good side but there are some good things that don't have any bad sides

| >>282875 the words>"futuristic general purpose AI"
are making me laugh

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1526635116

This thread is permanently archived