danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I'm unsure about BDSM

| I'm really interested in the topic but I personally couldn't find any joy in doing it so far. I wonder if I'm mentally too simple or to complex for it. All people I met so far were either somehow stupid or had serious mental issues. I'm also not sure if they were sexually liberal or just conservatives in disguise. It seemed to me they all just served somehow boring cliches. Do you think I just met the wrong people or this whole thing is just a fast fashion trend I should ignore?

| It feels to me like you need to find the right person to do it with. There is definitely a lot of people who want rather basic and boring stuff, but I am sure that you will find that special person that will click with you wrt BDSM. Or maybe you won't, that's fine, but in my experience it is so so much about the dynamic you have at hand. If it doesn't work, it's just excruciating.

| And to me it feels like you're basing your impression of a concept based on the community that follows said concept.
Fallacious.

| >>749788 it is like spicy food, some people like it and some don't.. you don't have to force yourself in it if it isn't something what you like "^^

| BDSM is a wide range of things, and not all of it will appeal to everyone. If you see it as a fashion trend, then I can understand why you don't see the appeal. It's not the sort of thing you start doing in a group, either.

| >>749800
OP here. It was never my intention to bash the concept. I know that my impressions are subjective and not representative. That's why started the threat: I just wanted to hear about others peoples experiences and impressions, no matter if they are similar or entirely different to mine.
If you have any hints how i could have expressed this more clearly, you're welcome!

| >>749789
Yeah, I also think it's important but also quite hard to find the right person... I just made bad experiences so far. The most annoying thing about the people I dealt with was that they seemed to be imposters whose self-confidence was just an act to hide exactly the same insecurities that I have. I'm used to deal way more open and honest with them.

>>749835
I like spicy food, but I don't like fast food, junk food and convenience food.

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1617541049

This thread is permanently archived