danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Relationship advice between an ace and a horny person

| Basically do you see it working and if so could you see some contingencies being placed on either party?

| 99% of ace people aren't asexual.

That said, the relationship is doomed, unless the asexual indulges the horny. Imagine if your partner was always talking about and eating oranges and this was seen as normal, but you don't like oranges. Would that relationship work out?
Only if both sides make concessions and indulge the other.
But it is rare such relationships last when you are young.
The older you get, the less sexual you get.

| There's also different kinds of asexuality, like I don't have much of a sex drive but I can still enjoy it, while other people are sex-repulsed and don't want to think about it let alone participate. Similarly, masturbation is an option for the partner, as is a more open relationship. Guess it depends on what kind of relationship you have in mind?

| >>679180
Basically this, yeah.

If one person desperately wants sex and the other person is repulsed by sex, then that relationship would not work out.
If the asexual person is the type that can enjoy sex with a partner or doesn't mind it, then it would probably work out fine, though of course trying to constantly have sex with someone that doesn't really have a sex drive would probably be annoying for the asexual one, so boundaries would be a good idea. Could work fine though.

| wot is an ace

| >>679257 an asexual person, somebody who doesn't hav a sex drive. As a few other posters have mentioned it varies between people, so some ace people enjoy sex but don't get horny, some don't want it at all, for some it's eh but still nice as an intimacy thing, it's sort of a blanket category

| >>679326
Yeah, this. Like most things sex related it's different for everyone, but the main thing is the fact that they don't naturally have a sex drive and usually can't find anyone physically attractive unless they've already been in love with them for a long time.

| I feel like you'd have to compromise to a degree, depending on what the ace is alright with doing that could be anything from smaller intimate favors to the sex-driven person just having to masturbate more

| Asexuality being a part of the LGBT+ Spectrum also has its own sub Spectrum, like the ppl above me said, it would depend on where in THAT Spectrum the Ace lies and then from there if both the sex-driven partner and the Ace to see if they can bring enough to the table equally so that both are enjoying it, if however any party isn't then maybe it's best to stay as friend

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1594877112

This thread is permanently archived