danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived

| Hi guys, I have the following problem:
I was regularly tormented by panic attacks based on hypochondria. It always seemed that I was sick with something dangerous.
Although it turned out that everything was fine. I try to deal with this successfully.
A couple of days ago I was bitten by a domestic dog. It's okay there, the bite is small. The dog is healthy and nothing special with me, only a little swollen and sore palm.
But anyway, I have a panic i cant deal with. What can i do?

| Pretty sure this should be in /u/, but anyway, do you have anything in particular you do to help you calm down from panic attacks? Breathing well is obvious, but for some people it can help to listen to certain types of music or draw, write, stuff like that. Just to kind of distract yourself with something relaxing and possibly expressive.

| During a panic attack i suggest eating strong menthol candy. It helps distract yourself with the intensity of your anxiety. Icecube helps too. I hope that helps.

| I'm sorry OP. It sounds really rough.

While it might not help against a panic attack if you want to lower your heart rate(like if it races during a panic attack) you can splash your face with water.

It's called the mammalian diving reflex and is a pretty good trick to calm down a racing heart.

| yer gonna die

Total number of posts: 5, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1589565377

This thread is permanently archived