danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Could I be hypersexual?

| I do not know where to put this but since /d/ is quite sexual, I thought I'll put it here.

My problem is:
I am severely mentally ill. Seriously, I do not know how I am still alive at this point, given all the shit that's wrong in my brain. Due to that, I usually cope with masturbation and sleep. Even though you can relieve stress doing so, masturbating has just been making me feel even worse. Though, I can't stop. I have no other way to cope, even sleeping pisses me off. (1/2)

| I usually can't even sleep because I'm horny. It's so annoying. As a kid, I often got sexually harassed by my father. Sometimes I even get flashbacks during masturbating, which just makes it worse! Could my trauma be the cause of this? I really need help. I cannot see a professional about this, either.

This is probably not what you'd expect in /d/ but I really needed it out of my system. I'm sorry.

| Why can you not talk to a professional? It sounds like that trauma might play a big role in it, and that kind of stuff is something only a professional can really help with.

| I am part of a DID-System and my actual age (19) is older than the bodies age, which is 16, almost 17. I would not know how to approach my therapist about this when she still sees me as a minor.

| >>633752
Oh, well they're a trained to understand and deal well with stuff like that. It's their job. Just tell them straight up and they'll be understanding about it. They'll probably ask some questions, but that's what their job is. If you find any questions uncomfortable or you find yourself unable to answer that is always fine. If that's the only thing that has kept you from going, well, you don't have any reason not to go and it seems you have many reasons to go.

| i don't see what you supposedly being a minor has to do with you discussing this with your doctor

teens, especially late teens like yourself, are known for being horny as hell. It does sound like something is wrong but your doctor should definitely understand enough to be able to discuss this.

| >>633776
Exactly. I am under the age of 18 myself and talk with my therapist about things that are more on the intimate side. It's not a problem at all. Again, they are trained to treat every problem properly no matter your age or how embarrassing you may personally find it. It's like a doctor. Doctors will inspect you even if you're a minor. It's their job. That's what they're paid and trained to do, and they do it to help.

| Thank you guys, I'll try to talk to her about it at my next appointment. Usually it's quite hard to talk about other stuff when she somehow prioritizes my depression over anything but I will try hard. I also have tons of other stuff to talk about with her, so I guess that change would help me quite a lot.

| >>633784
When I want to talk about new stuff I usually just do it immediately at the start of a session. My therapist usually asks how I've been or something like that and then I use that to introduce a new thing. If your therapist does something similar you could try the same. Interrupting them is always an option though. They are there to listen to you. Good luck!

| Unless you're going out of your way to get sex without any concern for safety then I doubt you're hypersexual.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1584036149

This thread is permanently archived