danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
EXHENTAI/E-HENTAI/SADPANDA WILL BE DELETED SOON.

| https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/chtvkr/whats_going_on_with_sad_pandaexhentai/

Weebs worldwide are freaking out- if there's anything you want to preserve, act ASAP.

| I really hope this is a joke but I also know it's probably real, think h@h has enough backed up to rebuild later?

| Never really managed to get the plugin right in my browser anyways, so I didn't get affected.

| I managed to archive 58gb before it died. fuckin livid I didn't have time to archive more.

| First Kyoani, now this. July's a pretty shit month.

| this is the outcome of uncontested anti loli sjw attitudes. if you are anti loli and you feel hurt by this, please know you have contributed to this outcome. good job.

| >>583261 a million times this.

| I don't care about sadpanda but whenever anti-loli wins I'm losing more faith in this world see you guys in hell

| >>583181

Not a joke, sadly: Sadpanda is dead as of this morning.

https://twitter.com/Regike_/status/1154611534179524608?s=09

However, anon did manage to backup a shit ton of files. At least one OP claims to have backed up the ENTIRETY of the website, but as always, there are arguments to his legitimacy.

| https://boards.4channel.org/g/thread/72049047

| >>583307
The board is archived, is there a part 2?

| Supposedly, the archive still exists. Whether the owner wants to give it to one of his staff to continue the legacy... that's a different question entirely. But right now. Somewhere out there. There exists a server with terabytes upon terabytes of hentai on it.

| >>583307 oof 50TB. I don't even know harddisk existed

| Lurked in some irc and tenboro hasn't deleted anything, signups are disabled, and there's a secret way to see images of your account meets some criteria (still not in searches I believe)

h@h while it has the data isn't easy to get it out of but if you somehow have links to a bunch of h@h instances and understand the format you can 100% grab shit from h@h

| Also of note from the forms

"Update: I'm looking into various alternatives based on information and suggestions from a variety of people. But just to clarify; if a fully intact live version of the site cannot be made available, then the necessary data to clone it will be made available instead."

| So there we go this will hopefully have a good resolution it's just a matter of time and tenboros hands not trying to kill 'em

| God that sucks. Like the a comment on that post said, exhentai had so much more than just hentai, but it was the largest collection of hentai I know of.
Also apparently it's because of copyright laws and doesn't have anything to do with the loli stuff?

| >>583714 >>583714 some say because it is hosted in netherland, and the law in there changed to not allow loli. The admin is done playing whack a mole, deleting what's loli and not, so they killed the site.

Some dispute that there is no law change, it is just the site is reported by someone (some says fakku is doing it)

Some speculate that it might be just discord drama and the law change is used as an excuse to throw tantrum.

| No idea which are the truth, you can go on to the /h/ board and investigate yourself.

| >>583722
allthefallen, which was hosted in NL, had its plug pulled just a week or two before this confusing sadpanda happenings. signs point to problems in NL.

| >>583722 so almost but your first point is off tenboro doesn't delete Loli, Loli is a hidden tag on e-h and only visible on ex, wack a mole was in reference to putting the server somewhere else and new laws or hosts forcing it back down.

Tenboro has a tendon issue in his hands so being at a computer for a long time to deal with servers being pulled from under them isn't really an option

| As far as I understand it, the law did not change but it's written vague enough that Loli can fall fowl as actual cp, for unknown reasons the host got cold feet and pulled support for ex, however ex data is still intact and e-h is still accessible meaning all those non-h galleries everyone is taking about you can still get to

| Last known update from tenboro

Work is underway on both a Plan A and a Plan B with different trade-offs for resiliency and usability, but these things aren't done overnight, especially over the weekend. We can only ask that people remain patient for now. We encourage third-party efforts to increase redundancy for potential future events, and both of the plans in progress will be able to provide missing/ongoing data for this when they are ready.

| >>7073aa thank you for the correction. I am not a regular sadpanda user, so what I posted was basically what I caught by glancing through a few threads.

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1564392137

This thread is permanently archived