danger/u/
Thoughts on poly relationships?

| I mean, wouldn't it be so fucking cool to have a gurl on ur left and a gurl on ur right, squishing both their teddies? Every day? It's epic.

| I personally wouldn't be able to handle it. Juggling life and a relationship with one person is tiring and dizzying as is, adding more people would probably make me implode.

Still, to those that can make it work and are happy, I'm happy for them too. Keep on keeping on you beautiful people.

| it's pretty cool
establishing one is beyond the reach of most people tho
you need a lot of emotional vulnerability, communications skills, etc. and partners willing to invest a lot of time into making it work (when they could be doing anything else)
fuck me, i had to pull my therapist into helping me work through some of the issues standing in the way of my polycule, lmao
but once you get it going, nah i wouldn't go back no way no how. united we stand divided we fall g/u/rls

| also, not sure how many people need this:
if someone claims they have more than 4-5 partners (roughly)?
run
nobody has this much energy to spare, you're getting signed up for a cult honey

| I need to date an already self sustaining polycule. I'm not energetic enough to hold up my side of a full relationship with someone so it would be nice if whoever I dated didn't rely on me for too much.

| I only have one sister tho

| >>1011623 pregnate ur mom

| >>1011623 dumbass

| Don't like it. It should just be Me and Jill and noone else

| >>1011623 just make another sister with your mom duh

| They're for cucks

| They're nice if you can get em to work and you have the skills, time and maturity to make it work. Wish it was something I could do at the moment but I'm building things up first

| i might have been biased having been in an ace poly relationship, but even understanding that people have their own urges, how do y'all moderate jealousy even if everyone is envolved in sex? theres gotta be some kind of imbalance, right?

| >>dcd0eb in most cases jealousy is pretty normal, especially in a poly relationship. It's really just all about communication and emotion management. If I feel jelly I'll tell my partner if it gets bad, and they'll always support me. It's great just getting reassurance, telling yourself that ur partner/s still love you and cares for you, you're important, and them having sex with others isn't going to change any of that.

| >>1011886
That's the neat part: it doesn't!

| Can work but it's only about how free people are to do whatever these days.
Marriage is to keep people in order and just make the relationship easier to manage as it's only 1 person.
If you poly you're neither so much of a butterfly or you'll take it all in the ass from mental damages.

| If everyone is realistic about what's going on and can communicate feelings and thoughts effectively, they can work and be great things. However, if even one person can't do that, you're going to find issues, and it will most likely fall apart.

| Never seen a poly work for more than a decade

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1714143978

This thread is closed.