danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's the oldest anime you've seen (and enjoyed)?

| Just made a trek through AniList, from 1940 to 1989, picking out things I'd like to see. Any recommendations?

| I thought the oldest I had watched was from 1979, but according to my list, the oldest I've seen is the Daicon Opening Animations from 1981. Next up on my list though is Galaxy Express 999 (1978).

| One older anime that I particularly enjoyed though is Dirty Pair, from 1985. It's about these hired mercenaries from the WWWA that will fix any issue you have for a cost. Just watch out though, because if the team you're sent is the Lovely Angels (AKA the Dirty Pair) the collateral damage may cost you even more...

| You *////*

| Gits (1995) not really old..

| Oldest I've seen (not to completion, but still) is Speed Racer (Mach GoGoGo, '67). I also want to watch Jungle Taitei and Astro Boy

| Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam probably. (1985)
I also really like Legend of the Galactic Heroes (1988) - though I've only seen the first 50 episodes out of 110

| Gunbuster (88), looking back at it now though I get why people it's just the director lusting back to Japanese empire which is cringe.

| >>943965
Not cringe if it was fun

| japanese empire ? I mean sure but Gunbuster is kind of a worldwide unified nation, there's soviets and americans too
it's more some kind of taisho nostalgia I think

| >>aa795e nah there are specific references in the untranslated materials that reference irl stuff. It's a similar sentiment to missing the confederacy. There was a neat write up if you google gunbuster and jp empire.

There's a bit of conjecture in terms of the character interaction as representatives for their nations but it's there.

>>4bf0ca I'm sure if I watched it again I'd enjoy the animation but it definitely puts into an enjoyment as an artefact like hplcraft.

| I don't know the release date of either, but I assume my oldest two are Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze

| >>943668 I love dirty pair!!! It's so goofy and pulpy it's great to watch high

| My oldest was Oniisama E (1991). I've had Belladonna of Sadness (1973) on my list to watch for a while though, maybe I should check it out.

| I was little bit thinking and i saw few episodes from Panda kopanda (1972) on one animecon inspired by Pippi Longstocking. And few minutes from Momotaro: Sacred Sailors (1945) also from animecon

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1677812688

This thread is permanently archived