danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I'm getting into fate for the first time

| I started with fate zero and now I'm thinking about where to go next. Do I need to download the VNs, or can I get away with watching the Stay/Night anime?

Thanks guys

| Watch Zero, then UBW. If you like both then check out Apocrypha. Fate/Extra Last Encore looks great. However, the story was sort of confusing and lackluster towards the end. I haven’t played any of the VNs so maybe someone else can provide some insight.

| The adaptations cuts out a lot of details, like Shirou's inner thoughts which does wonders for his character. Also note the recommended VN route order is Fate > UBW > Heaven's Feel as they build up ideas from the previous route. There's no straight adaptation of Fate (the 2006 anime mixes stuff from the other two routes), and the HF movies had to cut a lot of things for time.

That being said, watching UBW and the HF movies afterwards is fine if you're averse to reading VNs.

| Thanks for the help. I know it's a dumb question, and there are a million "guides" out there, but most of them contradict. Easier to ask a small group of people honestly.

| You started with Zero? Dang, it's all downhill from here

| If you have a lot of time to dedicate and feel like experiencing the ayyyutenticate fate experience, then go play the VN.

I started with the VN but I wouldn't recommend it, unless you have a lot of time, because burn out is a thing. The Ufotable anime and VN pretty much tell the same story, with VN having lots more detail (or bloat depending on your perspective). So either one of them that you consume later wouldn't give you any plot surprise anymore.

| I don't play a lot of VNs, but all I can say is that no other VN feels like a JRPG without having JRPG combat. It actually shows the servant skills and stat page. Other than, the 2nd fight between archer and lancer is very enjoyable for me. But having to withstand hundreds of hours of reading, I don't know if it is still worth the hassle.

| >>883587 >>883588 same person, my ip keep changing.

I agree with the gurl who said it is downhill from zero.

Fate extella link is just another dynasty warrior/musou game with fate skin. I played it, pretty meh, unless you really waifu the main characters in that game.

FGO is an enjoyable turn based game. Story is pretty meh until the later part. But the rate is awful, I'd recommend watch let's play instead.

Fate Apocrypha is a terrible anime, avoid it at all cost.

| No more sex for you

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1659257112

This thread is permanently archived