danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Relatable recommendations

| Recommend anime/manga that you personally find relatable. I find NEET shit relatable, especially if it's depressing. NHK and Boku wa Mari no Naka are picks off the top of my head. I guess Mushoku Tensei too, but don't tell nobody I said that. Funnily enough, I used to think K-On was relatable lol. I mean, it was, but now it ain't. Things change.

P.S. if you have any neet titles that are downers, hit me with it

| Kodomo no Jikan uwu

But really though, I tend to avoid too relatable content because they hit too close to home. I'm trying to escape reality here, not be pulled back to it. At one point I dropped Watamote because I didn't get what was so hilarious about it, since during my teenage years I was exactly like Motoko. I should get back to it, it's been a while since then.

| Kotonoha No Niwa (The Garden of Words) hit me pretty hard. Not the relationship part, just the feeling of being alone and alienated. Most of Makoto Shinkai's other works also.

... Then again it's been a while since I watched it and I'm in a better place now, so maybe it'll look different if I watch it again.

| >>816068 Understandable. I think I like relatable stuff because it lets me explore my negative emotions within the context of fiction. It ain't pleasant, but I get something out of it. Like rebreaking a bone so it can heal properly. Or maybe I just have brain damage. Watamote's another good pick. It's a cringe-fest by design, and I think I subconsciously blocked some parts of it from my memory. At least it's legitimately funny... in a strange way... maybe.

| Comic Girls
That shit Moe as fuck, but it's also... A really cool anime about a little mangaka wannabe working through her rough spots with help from other people more experimented in the business who happen to attend the same high school and shit, but yeah, really cool anime about drawing, wanting to release manga/comic and personal insecurities while keeping it MOE~

| I find it relatable bc, haha artists hate their shit amirite? But yeah, it released during a fucked up time for my will and decision to persuade illustration as my career, and it's just so sweet and kinda realistic lol, when you enter a community of artists they are all so willing to help you and tell you what you doing right, so yeah, it motivated me to keep going and find an artist community that would help me get better

| Subahibi is the piece of media I've related to the most ever. It's a VN, not an anime though. I cannot think of any that I related to entirely (and not just a few special moments) for anime or manga.

| Good recs, gonna check them out. Also, I just remembered, Anohana is like... eerily relatable for me. Minus the supernatural element and melodrama, it mirrors a portion of my childhood pretty accurately. Haven't thought about it in a long time.

| To be perfectly honest: Lucky Star. It was a reflection of my friend group in high school.

| >>816271 Yeah, my past self can relate to that too. For as much shit as we give Japan for being obsessed with the high school setting, it can be pretty apt. And Lucky Star was so comfy. Good pick.

| Some that I relate to and recommend are:
Genshiken, for your college neet shenanigans
Plastic Neesan, for girls building plastic models
Quick Start!!, for girls playing rpgs

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1640187049

This thread is permanently archived