danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
If you could, How would you innovate the anime industry?

| Share your spicy and ethical ideas g/u/rls!

My idea would be making an animation studio where I pay the animators well, and their health would be the number 1 priority :D

| The most ethical thing to do would just be to cancel it all if it would change anything, but treating employees like dirt is par for the course in Japan. Would still be a net positive I guess since it would give weeaboos more time develop a remotely practical or interesting habit instead of just feeling the compulsion to watch hours of seasonal trash just to talk to others who do the same for the same reason. Yeah just end anime fuck it we don't need it.

| Move ownership away from the orientals.

| Reward authors better and get some really nice web novels to have an anime series. Fix license nonsense, allow fanfiction to be made with touhou like license terms.

| Delete the fucking copyright.

It will help every part of the media, not only anime

| >>775467 Hell Yeah!

| CGI

| I'd make it so animators would actually get paid, because they're treated like dirt and get paid essentially just scraps. I'd also change it to where no anime would be region locked and that shows would be released on most if not all streaming platforms that have anime. Having everything spread out on different platforms just hurts the industry and fucks over the customers, and region locking is literally pointless. Like, it literally doesn't benefit anyone, at all.

| Make it seasonal, not weekly. That way, you can have more leeway and release the show when it is ready.

Team up/create streaming platform. Ditch shitty company like crunchyroll with their bad video player and shit translation.

Show 3 episodes for feee and paywall the rest of it.

Have a donate/patreon button for specific studios for some exclusive content. Blueray should be your secondary income.

| Royalties for animators

| I'm no expert. I just watch that sht when i get home from work. But i have heard about the conditions many artists and anime creators go through. Idk much about the industry,but, maybe pay them a weekly or monthly salary and have them work a set amount of hrs per day?. Japan being Japan i doubt they'll be able to get holidays and paid time off without loosing favor with their boss. But at least assured weekly/monthly pay and hours will ease their struggle a bit. Hopefully.

| >>775761 Japan really need to get rid out of that awful work culture, and get some healthy work culture instead.
Although I've heard that they are "working" on it, relaxing some work areas

| >>775767
They are actually. It's mainly in workplaces run by people who aren't born in Japan, but people in general are currently trying to normalise more healthy work culture there. Not nearly enough people are doing it though, but, one day.

| >>775804 I'm glad to know that.

| I'd invest into studios to return to cell animations, or at least make the digital art, more like 1980's. I know, I have autism.

| I would personally shit on the desk of every lowlife that thinks using 3DCG in their anime is a good idea. I have been saving up shit for three years. I have not seen a toilet in three years. Your desk's days are numbered, Japan. Fear me.

| Open more to foreigners, just a little bit. Since Japan is a really homogenous country, they only have japanese ideas, and since migrants are so scarce and birth rates are low, they get stuck with that kind of ideas because it's the same people at the end of the day. That's why if you watch a harem, you, in theory, have watched all of them. The same can be said with romance and slice of life. Getting some ideas from other countries would feel fresh

| >>776266
Shonen too, let's be real. Every anime genre and sub genre has that thing where if you watch one of them you've basically watched most of them. Some might have a cool gimmick about them, some might be better executed (example being how One Piece is an incredible anime and manga, but at it's core it's just like every other shonen, just more refined and better executed).
So getting a couple new fresh and maybe more foreign ideas in the industry could help a lot.

| Unions.

| No, seriously. A strong union would solve a lot of the issues stated in this thread. Better pay, better hours, vacation time, benefits, work culture, protection from employers who push the toxic crunch habits of some studios: Unions.

| >>776320 Probably the only one that I would say differs a lot from the normal shonen tropes is FullMetal Alchemist (both versions), which is funny, because that's also the only shonen I can recall to have be written by a woman

| >>776543
what an incel thing to say...

| Yeah, I have to agree. That was pretty pathetic.

| >>776320 well, considering the main market IS kids and teenagers, they don't really to change the formula too much.

They can rehash dragonball shounen formula over and over again because each year, there will be kids who haven't watch dragonball/naruto and when they watch whatever long running shounen airing at that time, they'll think it's the best thing ever.

| Doesn't matter if these kids will grow old enough to get bored of the formula, the next batch of kids will be born and ready to consume the same shit all over again.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1628488363

This thread is permanently archived