danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How the fuck do I get back into anime?

| Haven't watched any at all since I dropped Megalobox back when it got added to Netflix.
Wanna go back bc of Yuru Camp Season 2, I really enjoyed season 1 and was hyped for 2nd
Also wanna see Dorohedoro and finish Violet Evergarden, but I deadass can't watch an episode of any of these without cringing at myself, wtf is the secret to watch aneemay in peace?

| You don't

| Well, cringing to overacted characters is perfectly normal. It just means you probably should stay away from drama heavy animes. This season you may enjoy Jobless reincarnation. If you only wanna watch anime from netflix, Saiki might be your cup of coffe especially if you like comedy.

| Once I started reading VNs, I couldn't get back into anime
I guess it just comes with being exposed to better quality of characters and story

| >>23eaf5
What kinda VNs? ;)

| I read a book once and now I can't read any manga or VNs and can't watch any movies, anime or TV-shows
I guess it just comes with being exposed to better quality of characters and story

| I went on a journey full of adventure once and now I can't read any manga, VNs or books and can't watch any movies, anime or TV-shows. I guess it just comes with being exposed to better quality characters and story.

| I got isekai once and now I can't read any manga, VNs or books and can't watch any movies, anime or TV-shows. I guess it just comes with being exposed to better quality characters and story.

| Megalobox is specifically aimed for hajime no ippo fans, or a segment of viewers who prioritize animation over story. The story is flawed.

Cute girls doing cute things is an embodiment of cringe, only can be neutralized if you watch anime to turn off your brain after shitty day at work.

Violet evergarden is a bland tasting instant coffee, poured in starbucks cup and sold for 5 times it's price.

| >>742867
Cute girls doing cute things is the pinnacle of anime and otaku culture.

| >>742910 well said

| what usually happens for me is that i find an anime that looks neat and spontaneously decide to start watching it.
it's 90% of the time a spur of the moment decision, can't really force myself to watch anime. it just happens.

whats rly important is to watch anime first, then manga/VN because they're usually better overall. maybe start w/ a more lighthearted anime

| >>be32d6 I posted this yesterday, haven't finished my point, had to do something and forgot to finish my point.

My point is that a good anime will make you want to finish it, the way to get back into anime is to watch shows that you like. Just try any shows that interest you and drop them when they start to get boring. Don't feel bad about dropping a show, a lot of anime have promising premise and nosedive after a few episodes.

| Maybe you should let yourself enjoy something and not be held down by some kind of expectation of judgement from other people for watching cute Japanese cartoons.

| Why would you want to get back into watching anime if you don't quite enjoy it anymore? There's no real benefit in forcing yourself into doing something that's just not up your alley

| try reading manga instead, specifically lesser-known stuff that don't have adaptations. short stories, anthologies, whatever

i think the overacting and general trope-y/pander-y stuff you see in 80% of anime gets pretty unbearable after a while, too

also
>dorohedoro
read the manga, it's finished and uncensored

| >dorohedoro
I don't want to spit on anyones charade by it kinda reads like it's made by some edgy teenager. I think Dai Dark is way better.

| By watching good anime

| Just gotta find something you like. I haven't watched much recently either but I liked Hamefura and Majo no Tabitabi

| I haven't watched any new anime in a little over 2 years. I decided to pick up the second season of re:zero and I regret it. Honestly either rewatch something you enjoyed before to get back in the mood, or just don't force youself to watch something you don't like

| >>743503 You watched the first season and still have a glimmer of hope that the 2nd season will be good? You are an optimistic gurl.

| you should start by watching hentai

| yes, hentai is the best start

| Start reading manga or VNs or LNs and never go back. It's better that way.

| Can relate. Kind of stopped watching new anime about 4 yrs ago and never been able to pick it back up due to similar reasons. It seems most are just professionally catering to otaku cultures at this point and ideas are too heavily recycled. The percentage of potentially enjoyable anime is simply too low for me to justify spending time going over the catalogs. Sorry for the negativity; at the end of the day, just consume whatever you like. It's better that way

| Stop watching the trash. Don't wait more than one ep to decide wether you should watch it. Watch the stuff that pulls u into its world, recent example being made in Abyss. Stuff that is supposed to mirror irl with a twist (classic fantasy/school/isekai stuff) is too predictable. It's like when u get sick of song bc u listen to it too much

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1615128011

This thread is permanently archived