danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Anyone else think AoT is blown way out of proportion?

| I just can't get into it, and even dropped it in episode 19; but I hear everyone talking about it as if it's the second coming of jesus

| The plot gets pretty damn crazy.
I think it's so popular because no one could've guessed all... that happened.
Can't really say without spoiling but it does well to portray things in a morally gray manner

| Never watched it. Looks unattractive.

| it's one of the more mainstream anime, but that being said I personally didn't like it.

| If i rewatch the first season it's pretty awful sometimes and annoying (they cry ALOT). It gets WAY better in season 2 and 3

| It isnt for everyone due to its stylised art and grimdark setting. I would suggest that if you like or can stomach those things to stick with it or even try the manga if that is better for you (the art is far rougher and more stylised but also grittier). The story deliberately begins from a rather narrow point of view and over the course of several seasons opens in scope and the nature of the world and antagonists change. Stop worrying about the hype tho. Watch it if YOU want to.

| Like this reminds me of when my friend didnt like it ONLY because of the hype and called it "baby's first anime"....when he literally watched shit like Yugioh, Inuyasha and Naruto. People tend to dislike things that have mainstream appeal or need to be supercool by disdaining something meant to be serious. And again its ok to not like this series but be honest about why yknow

| It's definitely not for everyone and I'm just as confused as y'all as to why it's gotten so popular.

I personally like it and honestly think Season 3 part 1 is a goddamn masterpiece, but boy is the pacing for every other season all over the place.

What made you drop it, op? The pacing? The artstyle? The characters?

| Read the manga instead :-)

| not a fan of aot tbh.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1611768791

This thread is permanently archived