danger/u/
havent watched anime in about 2 years, need reccomendations

| i'm down to watch basically any genre. haven't watched anything for around two years, but i have an inordinate amount of time on of my hands because of he pandemic.

| Yeah but you need to specify your previous experience with anime, how much anime consumed before and have you already watch well known ones? I personally love Steins;Gate and Serial Experiments Lain

| you should watch Gunbuster, Megazone 23 and Bubblegum Crisis for intense boomer experience.

| Ishuzoku reviewers the best anime pf 2020 and the best ecchi of all time
It about an elf, a human and a angel reviewing brothels of dierent species

| My personal favourites are:

Book of Bantorra
Michiko and Hatchin
Aggretsuko
Shinsekai Yori
Sexy Commando Gaiden

| I suggest you to see
Re Zero, the second season (only if you saw the frist season)
Arte, i like this one
Monster Musumune, the new one
Higurashi no Naku
And, that's all

| Asobi Asobase is a great one

| serial experiments lain, aggretsuko, ishuzoku reviewers, kimetsu no yaiba, god of high school, school days, anohana.

| Angel Beats

| OP here.

>>702051
Seen. Good show.

>>701453
Seen both Steins;Gate and SEL. I'm not particularly tied to one genre, I'll watch whatever.

Everything else I haven't really seen. I'll start watching, thanks!

| Alright here we go:
Trigun

If you like trigun's music try Cowboy Bebop, Gungrave, or Hajime no Ippo.

Berserk 1997
Welcome to the NHK
Overlord
Space Dandy
Panty and Stocking
Youjo Senki
Gankutsuou
Konosuba
Hunter x Hunter
D. Gray Man
Parasite
Soul eater
Sgt. Frog
Shokugeki no Souma
Drifters - same author as hellsing
Full Metal Alchemist

I'll look through my list to see if I have anymore.

| Vinland Saga and Beck come to mind.
Seconding Shokugeki no Soma, HxH and FMA if you haven't watched them.

| Boogiepop phantom and Baccano

| A dandy guy, in space.

| Man, why no one recommending some good ecchi?

| A Silent Voice is a good full lenght adaption, be sure to check out the manga version tho, afaik the movie ends up rushing a few things.

| OP here again.
>>875ead
Seen OG Berserk, NHK, Overlord, Youjo Senki, Konosuba, Parasyte, Shokugeki, and FMA. Added the rest to the list.

>>702184
Been meaning to watch Boogiepop. Thanks for reminding me.

>>5b3762
Idk, I don't mind ecchi/fanservice. Watched Ishuzoku since the last post and it had me reeling.

>>6a59ca
Any more anime movies? The only one I've watched are Kimi Ni Na Wa.

| >>702365
Some cool anime movies:
Porcco Rosso
Angel's Egg
Millennium Actress
Dragon's Heaven (this one is short)
Promare
The Transformers movie from 1986

| >>702365 If you have Netflix, go watch A whisker's away.

Big Fish & Begonia is another underrated gem of a movie. It's hands down the most wonderful looking animated film I've seen. The story is pretty good too. It's originally a Chinese movie, but the Japanese dub is phenomenal.

| The entire Monogatari Series

| >>702365 If you're going to watch Boogiepop, try watching Boogiepop phantom, the 2019 remake sucks.

| >>7eb1f5
Phantom is amazing, but it’s a stand-alone story that takes place after the first light novel. The 2019 series adapts light novels 1-3, 5 & 6. I wouldn’t say it “sucks”, but it tries to cover a lot of material in 18 episodes so ir gets confusing. For instance I though that the manticore was the person/entity as imaginator at first. Phantom will make more sense if you at least read the first light novel or watch the first couple episodes of the new series that adapts it.

| I'd say that boogiepop phantom is intended to be watched first for a beginner. The episodes flows in a way to let you investigate what the fuck is going on. If you read or watch the actual beginning, you're pretty spoiled of what happened. But you migt be a chronoligacal order guy.

| And yeah boogiepop 2019 has cool sides, but kinda meh. The atmosphere of phantom is really something.

| TTGL
Fullmetal Panic

I don't like mecha, but these ones are kinda unique.

| ttgl means tengen toppa gurren lagann

| Fullmetal Panic is an average mecha anime to be honest

| But yeah I'm also nostalgic about it

| ill recommend you what i recommend everyone: initial d

| I'd suggest you to watch lapis re:lIGHts, Love Live, and K-on if you like listening to music aswell

| You cannot go wrong with Hunter x Hunter

| These are some of my faves by genre!

For adventure: Hunter x Hunter, Mob Psycho 100, Noragami, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho

For Comedy: Nichijou, Mr. Osomatsu,
Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san, Ouran High School Host Club

For Romance: Bloom Into You, Yuri on Ice, Doukyuusei (be warned tho there's an element where a teacher is coming on to a student. v gross but overall a killer movie)

Other: Mushi-shi, Mononoke

| Silver spoon is a nice series. It's made by the author of Fullmetal alchemist. I read the manga tho so I'm not sure about the anime. Redline is an amazing movie and it was referenced in a space dandy episode.

>>704934 +1 for nichijou

| >>704952 +2 for nichijou
Ishuzoku reviewers too

| Oregairu

| 1 2 and 3rd season

| >>702365 >movies
pretty much any of makoto shinkai's movies is going to be pretty similar to your name, and i think most are even better visually and some are stronger in story

Seconding Angel's Egg, an older surreal/horrorish one, and Redline, a fun racing movie with amazing animation and music

Ghost in the Shell, the 1995 movie is a really good and classic cyberpunk work. I 'd suggest the Stand Alone Complex tv show as well, it's much less artistic but great and still relevant

Total number of posts: 37, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1602755396

This thread is closed.